Automobile major Tata Motors on 13 June 2017 announced the appointment of Girish Wagh as the head of its Commercial Vehicle Business Unit.
Wagh will take charge of his new responsibilities with immediate effect.
On 5 June 2017, Tata Motors had informed that Director of its associated companies and Executive Director (Commercial Vehicles) Ravindra Pisharody has resigned due to personal reasons.
About Tata Motors
• Tata Motors Limited is an Indian multinational automotive manufacturing company.
• It is headquartered in Mumbai.
• The company was founded in 1945 as a manufacturer of locomotives.
• It manufactured its first commercial vehicle in 1954 in a collaboration with Daimler-Benz AG, which ended in 1969.
• Its products include passenger cars, trucks, vans, coaches, buses, sports cars, construction equipment and military vehicles.
• It has auto manufacturing and assembly plants in Jamshedpur, Pantnagar, Lucknow, Sanand, Dharwad, and Pune in India, as well as in Argentina, South Africa, Great Britain and Thailand.
• Tata Motors' principal subsidiaries purchased the English premium car maker Jaguar Land Rover and the South Korean commercial vehicle manufacturer Tata Daewoo.
• On 17 January 2017, Natarajan Chandrasekaran was appointed the Chairman of the company.
Who: Girish Wagh
When: 13 June 2017