Tata Sons Chairman-designate Natarajan Chandrasekaran will also hold the chairmanship of the Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) from 21 February 2017.
Chandrasekaran, who is currently serving as the Chief Executive and Managing Director of TCS, will now take charge as the Non-Executive Chairman of the board of directors of TCS.
In addition, V Ramakrishnan is named as the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of the TCS. He will succeed Rajesh Gopinathan, who will take over as the CEO and MD of the Tata Group company.
TCS also announced that the Chief Operating Officer (COO) N Ganapathy Subramaniam will be on the board of the company as Executive Director.
About Natarajan Chandrasekaran
• Natarajan Chandrasekaran took over as the CEO of TCS on 6 October 2009.
• Prior to that, he served as the COO and Executive Director of TCS.
• He is one of the youngest CEOs of the Tata Group.
• In January 2017, he was selected to become the next chairman of Tata Sons, a role he will assume on 21 February 2017. Soon, he was also announced as the chairman of Tata Motors.
About Tata Consultancy Services
• Tata Consultancy Services is an Indian multinational information technology service, consulting and business solutions company.
• It is headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
• It is one of the largest Indian companies by market capitalization.
• The company is now placed among the ‘Big 4’ most valuable IT services brands worldwide.
• As of December 2015, it is ranked 10th on the Fortune India 500 list.
• The bitter boardroom battle between the Tatas and Cyrus Mistry had led to Tata Sons removing him as the Chairman of TCS.
• Later, Ishaat Hussain was appointed as the interim Chairman of TCS on 11 November 2016. At present, he is serving as a non-executive director on the board of Tata Sons.
When: 21 February 2017
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.