Tata Steel's West Bokaro Division was on 11 July 2015 conferred with the Golden Peacock Environment Management Award (GPEMA) 2015 in New Delhi.
It was presented by the Union Environment, Forest and Climate Change Minister Prakash Javadekar to Sanjay Rajoria, General Manager of West Bokaro, Tata Steel of Jharkand.
Tata Steel won the coveted award for its responsible environmental practices and resource management while upgrading the skills of employees through training as new technologies evolve.
About Golden Peacock Environment Management Award
• It is annual award and presented for attaining significant achievements in the field of Environment Management during the previous year.
• It is awarded to manufacturing as well as service organizations both in the Public and Private domain located in India.
• It provides not only worldwide recognition and prestige to the winning organisation, but a competitive advantage in driving business of the firm.
• It was instituted by the World Environment Foundation (WEF) in 1998.
• Yes Bank received the 2014 award.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Where: New Delhi
When: 11 July 2015
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.