Tata Trusts and Khan Academy on 6 December 2015 announced a five-year, not-for-profit partnership to enable free online education for the Indian market.
The partnership will adapt and build on Khan Academy's existing resources and tools to serve the specific needs of the Indian learner.
Key highlights of the tie-up
• The five-year partnership will be divided into two phases.
• The first two years will focus on designing a robust set of educational resources tuned to the needs of middle- and low-income students in urban environments.
• The next phase will see diversification into other content areas, including offering classes in regional languages such as Marathi, Tamil and Bangla.
About Khan Academy
• Khan Academy is US-based non-profit educational organization which was founded in 2006.
• It was founded by educator Salman Khan to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere.
• The academy produces short lectures in the form of YouTube videos.
• Khan Academy is significantly backed by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, The Broad Foundation, Google, and many other philanthropic organizations.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 6 December 2015
Japan and South Korea reached Agreement on Issue of Comfort Women
Union Cabinet approved construction of 69 bridges on trilateral highway in Myanmar
Union Cabinet approved MoU between India & Jordan for promoting cooperation in IT & Electronics
Dr Gyanendra D Bandgaiyan appointed DG of National Centre for Good Governance