Tata Advanced Systems Limited (TASL) and Boeing on 18 June 2016 celebrated the foundation laying of a new facility in Hyderabad for its joint venture named Tata Boeing Aerospace (TBAL).
The joint venture has been established to co-produce Boeing AH-64 Apache helicopter fuselages and other aero structures, as well as to pursue integrated systems in aerospace.
The facility has been under development in pursuance of a framework agreement signed between the two companies in July 2015.
Features of Tata Boeing Aerospace facility
• It is located Adibatla IT and Aero SEZ (TATA Aerospace Special Economic Zone) about 50 km from Hyderabad.
• It will manufacture aerospace and defense products including unmanned aerial vehicles.
• It will create a manufacturing centre of excellence to produce aero structures for the AH-64 Apache helicopters.
• It will eventually be the sole producer of AH-64 fuselages globally. The Apache has been flown or selected for acquisition by the United States and 15 other nations, including India.
• This project was taken up to boost the indigenous defence production under Make In India campaign.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
What: Set up
When: 18 June 2016