Telangana Finance Minister Rajinder on 5 November 2014 speared the first budget of the state in the Assembly. The state government proposed an expenditure of 100637 crore rupees for the financial year 2014-15.
Out of the proposed expenditure, the total plan expenditure is of 48648 crore rupees and non-plan expenditure is of 51989 crore rupees.
The amount of 100 crore rupees was allocated towards financial assistance for the families of 459 martyrs who laid down their lives for the separate state.
The main elements of the budget speech:
• 50 years rule of Andhra leaders made Telangana vulnerable
• Financial assistance of 10 lakh rupees to the family of each of the 459 martyrs
• To implement the anti-corruption effort, the government conducted a comprehensive survey
• Fluoride became scourge for the people of Nalgonda district
• The budget is designed to target the golden Telangana
• Movement of the future shown in the budget
• The budget is subject to a ten-month period only
• TRS Government's objective is to develop all sectors equally
• In the 10 districts of Telangana, the per capita income is different in different places
• Plan expenditure of 48648 crore rupees
• Unplanned expenditure of 51989 crore rupees
• Estimated Revenue Surplus of 301 crore rupees
• Estimated Fiscal Deficit of 17398 crore rupees
Government aims to:
• Achieve the goal of 20000 megawatts of power generation in the next five years
• Restoration of 45 thousand damaged lakes in Telangana
• The objective of the Government is to spend 50 crore rupees for the development of the Scheduled Castes in 2014-19 period
• Arrangements to produce additional 4000 MW power by NTPC
• Investment of 1000 crore rupees in GenCo for 6000 MW of power generation
• Phased repayment of Agricultural loans as a part of Loan Waiver Scheme
• Already paid input subsidy of 480 crore rupees
• Projects under construction will be completed in time
The allocation of funds for People's welfare:
• Increase in the Disability pension from 500 rupees to 1500 rupees
• Hike in the elderly and widows pension from 200 rupees to 1000 rupees
• 221 crore rupees for Women and Child Welfare and 1103 crore rupees for ICDS scheme
• 2022 crore rupees for BC welfare and 1030 crore rupees for the welfare of minorities
• 7579 crore rupees for Scheduled Castes Sub-Plan and 4559 crore rupees for ST Sub Plan
• 150 crore rupees for the Kalyana Lakshmi (SC) scheme and 80 crore rupees for the Kalyana Lakshmi (ST) scheme . (Kalyana Lakshmi Scheme- Financial help to females to arrange their Marriages)
• Allocation of 100 crore rupees for the minorities Shadi Mubarak scheme
• Allocation of 1000 crore rupees for Land distribution to Dalits.
• 100 crore rupees for Deepam Scheme.
• Already paid 4250 crore rupees for Agriculture Loan Waiver Scheme
• Transport Taxation abandoned for Autorickshaws
Allocation for Infrastucture Development:
• 10000 crore rupees for the development of highways and 400 crore rupees to double the roads from the mandal centers to district headquaters.
• 2000 crore rupees are allocated to develop 9000 ponds in this budget period
• 3241 crore rupees allocated in the power sector
• one and half crore rupees for the development of each Assembly segment with the total allocation of 234 crore rupees.
• For the Department of Horticulture, 250 crore rupees were allocated
• 100 crore rupees allocated for the Mechanisation of agriculture sector
• 10 crore rupees allocated for Telangana Journalist's Bhavan
• Three and a half lakhs per house was allocated for the weaker section's house construction
• 10000 crore rupees for development of roads
• 200 crore rupees worth solar pumpsets to the farmers
• 1000 crore rupees for Housing
• 2000 crore rupees allocated for water grid
• 1000 crore rupees allocated for culture and sports
• 10956 crore rupees allocated for all sectors of education
When: 5 November 2014