Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao on 12 June 2015 unveiled the Telangana Industrial Policy 2015 in Hyderabad. The policy is intended to boost industrial activity and employment opportunities in the state.
Highlights of Telangana Industrial Policy 2015
• Industrialists are accorded with Right to timely clearances from the state government in order to set up industries.
• Clearances will be given in 2 weeks for mega projects.
• A system of self certification has been put in place for industrialists backed by the Telangana State Industrial Project Approval and Self Certification System (TS-iPASS) Act, 2014.
• A single window clearance system will be established.
• Entrepreneurs need to fill only a single common online application form.
• Industries categorized as Green (non- hazardous), Orange (less hazardous) and Red (more hazardous) will be accorded approval within 15 days, 21 days and 30 days respectively.
• Fifteen sectors were identified as focus areas including Life Sciences, Automobiles, Gems and Jewellery and IT & Hardware.
• All the industries will be given power supply round the clock.
• A Chasing cell will be set up in the Chief Ministers Office (CMO).
• A nodal officer will be appointed to oversee matters related to industrial approval and establishment under the policy.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 12 June 2015
Telangana Assembly Elections 2018: TRS wins sweeping majority for second straight term
Telangana’s Sadarmatt anicut, Pedda Cheruvu get Heritage Irrigation Structure status
Telangana Cabinet passes resolution to dissolve Legislative Assembly
Telangana launches life insurance scheme worth Rs 5 lakh for farmers