The Drowned Detective: Neil Jordan
The Drowned Detective authored by Neil Jordan depicts genre-defying story about a private investigator who arrived in a small Eastern European city because he was told about the opportunities opening up in former Soviet countries.
The story moves as the detective sets up, along with a colleague from that country, an agency to trace missing people and criminals.
• The book’s first few pages are about a wayward minister who cheats on his wife.
• The minister is tracked by the detective whose name is Jonathan.
• One day, an elderly couple approached Jonathan to investigate the disappearance of their daughter.
• Jonathan feels compelled to find the daughter as the faded photograph of the little girl reminds him of his own daughter.
• The story moves on as Jonathan encounters a young woman who jumped inside the river that divides the city.
• Jonathan plunges in the river after the woman to only find himself dragged into her ghostly world of confusion, coincidence and intrigue.
Who is Neil Jordan?
• Neil Patrick Jordan is an Irish film director, screenwriter and novelist.
• He won an Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay for The Crying Game.
• He also won the Silver Bear for Best Director at the Berlin International Film Festival for The Butcher Boy.
• His other novels are: The Past, Night in Tunisia, Sunrise with Sea Monster among others.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App