The Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton gave birth to a baby boy on 22 July 2013 at the London hospital. This is the first child of the royal couple- Prince William and Kate, Duchess of Cambridge. The birth of the baby boy was announced through a formal press release which was issued by the Kensington Palace.
Some Interesting Facts
• The royal baby will be the third one in line to the throne, only after Prince Charles and Prince William. Even if it was a girl, the scenario would have been same for the throne because earlier in 2013, the law changed for giving the female royals same rights of succession like the males.
• Officially, the baby will be called His Royal Highness Prince [Name] of Cambridge.
• The baby might become the head of the armed forces, supreme governor of the Church of England, and the head of state of 16 countries apart from the head of the Commonwealth, in distant future.
• Earlier in 2013, the Queen had issued a royal decree which said, “All the children of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales should have and enjoy the style, title and attribute of royal highness with the titular dignity of Prince or Princess prefixed to their Christian names or with such other titles of honour.”
• It is important to note that the royal baby moved ahead in line of throne from Prince Harry, who now became fourth in the line of throne.
Who: Kate Middleton
Where: London hospital
What: Gave Birth to a Baby Boy
When: 22 July 2013