Third World Congress on Agro-Forestry
Third World Congress on Agro-Forestry held in New Delhi, India for the first time.
Third World Congress on Agro-Forestry was held from 10 to 14 February 2014 in New Delhi, India for the first time. The theme of the Congress is Trees for Life.
The Third World Congress on Agro-Forestry will help shape next steps to be undertaken in the field of integrative science. These are:
- Transformative change in landscapes
- Tree improvement
- Innovative tree-based value chains
- Debates on global and local sustainability
- Reform of land and tree tenure and holistic education
The Third World Congress was organised to
- Expand global awareness and understanding of agro-forestry
- Share the current status of knowledge and practice of agro-forestry and consolidate its research base
- Build support for agro-forestry within governments, companies, academia, NGOs and the media
- Increase the engagement of the private sector.
About World Congress on Agro-Forestry
The World Congress on Agro-Forestry is organised to raise local, regional and global profile of the practice and significantly increase awareness, support, engagement and investment.
It aims to create a deliberate and tangible legacy in terms of recognition, partnerships, investments and impact, and produce a global roadmap for agro-forestry with clear targets.
The first two congresses were held in Orlando (USA, 2004) and Nairobi (Kenya, 2009).