Time Magazine on 21 April 2016 released a list of 100 Most Influential People in the World.
RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan, tennis player Sania Mirza, actress Priyanka Chopra, Google CEO Sundar Pichai and founders of Flipkart, Binny Bansal and Sachin Bansal have been named by Time magazine in its list.
The TIME 100 is not a ranking, but a combination of public figures from various different fields. The list includes the public figures who have had some kind of significant impact on the world.
The most notable pioneers on the list are:
• Aziz Ansari: He is an American actor and comedian widely known for his roles as Tom Haverford on the NBC series Parks and Recreation and as Dev Shah on the Netflix series Master of None.
• Caitlyn Jenner: Formerly known as Bruce Jenner, Caitlyn is an American television personality and retired Olympic gold medal-winning decathlete. She revealed her identity as a trans woman in April 2015 and publicly announced her name change from Bruce to Caitlyn in a July 2015 Vanity Fair cover story.
• Sunita Narain: She is an Indian environmentalist and political activist as well as a major proponent of the Green concept of sustainable development.
The most notable titans on the list are:
• Tim Cook: He is an American business executive and the Chief Executive Officer of Apple Inc.
• Binny Bansal and Sachin Bansal: They started Flipkart in 2007 as an online bookstore.
• Pope Francis: He is the 266th and current Pope of the Roman Catholic Church, a title he holds ex officio as Bishop of Rome, and Sovereign of the Vatican City.
• Sundar Pichai: He is an Indian American business executive. He is currently the Chief Executive Officer of Google Inc.
• Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg: Chan is a pediatrician and Zuckerberg is the founder and CEO of Facebook. Through their Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, they have led efforts to improve education, cure disease, and build stronger and more connected communities.
The most notable artists on the list are:
• Kendrick Lamar: He is an American rapper from Compton, California.
• Ariana Grande: She is an American singer and actress. She began her career in the Broadway musical 13.
• Charlize Theron: She is a South African and American actress, producer and fashion model.
• Priyanka Chopra: She is an Indian actress, singer, producer and philanthropist, and the winner of the Miss World pageant of 2000.
The most notable leaders on the list are:
• Kim Jong-un: He is the supreme leader of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, commonly referred to as North Korea.
• Lori J. Robinson: She is a United States Air Force general who is Commander of Pacific Air Forces, Air Component Commander for United States Pacific Command, and Executive Director, Pacific Air Combat Operations Staff, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii.
• Raghuram Rajan: He is currently serving as the 23rd Governor of the Reserve Bank of India, the central bank of India.
• Hillary Clinton: She is an American politician. She is a candidate for the Democratic nomination for President of the United States in the 2016 election.
• Justin Trudeau: He is a Canadian politician who is the 23rd Prime Minister of Canada, and the leader of the Liberal Party.
• Barack Obama: He is an American politician serving as the 44th President of the United States, and the first African American to hold the office.
• Donald Trump: He is an American businessman, politician, television personality, author, and candidate for the Republican nomination for President of the United States in the 2016 election.
The most notable icons on the list are:
• Nicki Minaj: She is a Trinidadian-born American rapper, singer and songwriter.
• Sania Mirza: She is an Indian professional tennis player who is currently ranked No. 1 in the women's doubles rankings.
• Adele: She is an English singer and songwriter.
• Leonardo DiCaprio: He is an American actor and film producer.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Time Magazine
When: 21 April 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.