Top Current Affairs Quiz: 1 August 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as SC on Unnao case, Nagaland Governor and one nation one ration card scheme among others.
1 August 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as SC on Unnao case, Nagaland Governor and one nation one ration card scheme among others.
1. The Supreme Court has order transfer of all 5 Unnao cases to which city’s court?
2. Who among the following was expelled by BJP for being the main accused in the Unnao case?
a) Sanjay Singh
b) Kuldeep Singh Sengar
c) BC Patil
d) Mahesh Kumutali
3. RN Ravi was recently sworn in as the Governor of which state?
4. Which among the following states does not fall under the one nation one ration card pilot project?
d) Andhra Pradesh
5. Delhi Government recently announced to provide free electricity to households consuming up electricity up to what power?
a) 100 units
b) 150 units
c) 200 units
d) 250 units
6. India and United Kingdom jointly launched Innovating for Clean Air Initiative in which city?
c) New Delhi
7. Which city will host the 22nd National Conference on e-Governance 2019?
8. The Union Cabinet recently approved to set up the ISRO Technical Liaison Unit (ITLU) in which city?
b) Singapore City
d) New York
1. (a) Delhi
The Supreme Court has directed the transfer of all five cases registered in connection to the Unnao rape incident from Uttar Pradesh court to Delhi court.
2. (b) Kuldeep Singh Sengar
The ruling BJP government expelled Unnao rape accused MLA Kuldeep Sengar on August 1, 2019. Kuldeep Sengar, a BJP MLA in Uttar Pradesh, was accused of raping a minor girl from Unnao.
3. (d) Nagaland
RN Ravi was sworn in as the new Governor of Nagaland on August 1, 2019 at a function at Raj Bhawan in Nagaland’s capital city Kohima.
4. (a) Karnataka
One nation one ration card scheme was launched on Thursday on a pilot basis in four states- Gujarat, Maharashtra, Telangana and Andhra Pradesh. The scheme will provide a major boost to the national food security government.
5. (c) 200 units
Delhi Government announced to provide free electricity to all Delhi households consuming 200 units of power or less every month. Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal stated that households will get free lifeline electricity up to 200 units.
6. (c) Bengaluru
India & United Kingdom have jointly launched a two-year ‘Innovating for Clean Air’ Initiative (IfCA) in Bengaluru, Karnataka with an aim to provide unique air quality measurement system. It will support India’s aim to transit to Electric Vehicles (EVs).
7. (a) Shillong
The National Conference on e-Governance 2019 will be held in Shillong, Meghalaya. This 22nd edition of the conference will be conducted in the north-eastern region for the first time ever.
8. (a) Moscow
The Union Cabinet recently approved to set up the ISRO Technical Liaison Unit (ITLU) at Moscow, Russia with an aim to collaborate with Space agencies and industries in Russia.