1 June 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like National Commission for Women, 2018 Rim of the Pacific and 3D print of human cornea among others.
1. Which Indian digital payment system has been linked to Singapore’s NETS?
2. The Indian Government has signed a $500m worth loan agreement with the World Bank for additional financing of which project?
a) Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
b) National Health Mission
c) Smart Cities Project
d) Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana
3. What is the new state animal of divided Andhra Pradesh?
c) Spotted Deer
4. Which state government would be recruiting 1000 women constables and 73 women SI?
a) Madhya Pradesh
d) Uttar Pradesh
5. Which Indian singer will be honoured with PETA award?
a) Shreya Goshal
b) Zubeen Garg
d) Armaan Malik
6. Which city hosted the first biannual IAF Commanders’ of 2018?
c) New Delhi
7. Scientists from Newcastle University have created 3D print of which part of human eye?
8. India’s resolution on digital health was recently adopted by which international organisation?
9. Which organisation recently tied-up with the National Commission for Women (NCW) to launch a Digital Literacy Programme?
b) Bill Gates Foundation
d) All of them
10. How many countries will be participating in the 2018 Rim of the Pacific (RIMPAC) military exercise?
1. (c) RuPay
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on May 31, 2018 launched three Indian digital payment systems - RuPay, BHIM app and UPI by SBI at the 'Business, Innovation and Community Event' in Singapore. With the launch, India's RuPay digital payments system was linked up with Singapore's 33-year old Network for Electronic Transfers (NETS).
2. (d) Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana
The Union Government on May 31, 2018 signed a $500 million loan agreement with the World Bank to provide additional financing for the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) Rural Roads Project.
3. (b) Blackbuck
The state of Andhra Pradesh has notified its separate state symbols post-split and creation of Telangana in 2014. The state retained undivided AP’s symbol of state animal- Krishna Jinka or blackbuck- as its state animal. Telangana had dropped it to adopt spotted deer as its state animal.
4. (b) Haryana
The state government of Haryana would be recruiting 1000 women constables and 73 women sub inspectors to strengthen the women police stations.
5. (b) Zubeen Garg
India singer Zubeen Garg would be honoured with the 'Hero to Animals Award' from People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) India for his recent appeal to end animal sacrifice at the Kamakhya Temple in Assam.
6. (c) New Delhi
Union Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on May 31, 2018 inaugurated the first biannual IAF Commanders' Conference of 2018 at Air Headquarters in New Delhi.
7. (a) Cornea
Scientists have created 3D printed human corneas that could solve the shortage of available eye donors and help millions of blind people gain sight again. Newcastle University of the UK led the research.
8. (b) WHO
The resolution on digital health brought out by India was adopted by the 71st World Health Assembly, the decision-making body of the World Health Organization (WHO). India received widespread praise for its leadership on this forward-looking agenda.
9. (c) Facebook
Social networking giant Facebook on May 31, 2018 partnered with the National Commission for Women (NCW) to launch a Digital Literacy Programme. The Digital Literacy Programme will be launched in collaboration with the Cyber Peace Foundation (CPF).
10. (d) 26
As many as 26 countries, including India, would participate in the biennial Rim of the Pacific (RIMPAC) military exercise from June 27 to August 2, in and around the Hawaiian Islands and Southern California.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week