11 January 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Ram Mandir-Babri Masjid land dispute case, Gaganyaan manned mission and Renukaji Multipurpose Dam Project among others.
1. India’s first rail and transportation university has started functioning in which city?
2. The Union Cabinet has approved bilateral swap arrangement between India and which nation?
3. The Union Cabinet approved the signing of Terms of Reference (TOR) to provide tax assistance to which nation?
4. The Union Cabinet approves MoU between India and which nation on the development of Advanced Model Single Window?
5. Two new AIIMS will soon be coming up in which among the following states?
b) Jammu and Kashmir
6. The Supreme Court has fixed the hearing of Ram Mandir-Babri Masjid land dispute case for which day?
a) January 29
b) February 1
c) March 29
d) February 28
7. Su Tseng-chang has been appointed as the Prime Minister of which state?
c) South Korea
8. ISRO is planning to send it first manned mission to space by when?
a) December 2020
b) March 2021
c) March 2019
d) December 2021
9. Which among the following is not one of the six states that signed an agreement for Renukaji Multipurpose Dam Project?
b) Uttar Pradesh
10. FSSAI has asked the food businesses to comply with new packaging norms by which date?
a) March 31st
b) June 30th
c) July 1st
d) August 1st
1. (b) Vadodara
The National Rail & Transport Institute (NRTI), set up in Vadodara, Gujarat, has opened its doors to the first batch of 103 students from 20 states of India, in two fully-residential undergraduate courses - BSc. in Transportation Technology and DBA in Transportation Management, the classes for which started from September 5, 2018.
2. (a) Japan
The Union Cabinet has approved the proposal for entering into an Agreement for Bilateral Swap Arrangement (BSA) between India and Japan and authorising the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to sign the BSA with the Bank of Japan for a maximum amount of USD 75 billion.
3. (c) Eswatini
The Union Cabinet has approved the Signing of Terms of Reference (TOR) governing the engagement of the designated Indian Expert to provide tax assistance to Swaziland (now known as Eswatini) under the Tax Inspectors without Borders (TIWB) programme between India and Eswatini.
4. (b) Japan
The Union Cabinet has approved the Memorandum of Understanding between India and Japan on Development of Advanced Model Single Window. The ‘Advanced Model Single Window’ is based on the best practices in and outside India, with measurable parameters and it identifies possible obstacles for the establishment of the Single Window in India. It will thus, facilitate investments.
5. (b) Jammu and Kashmir
The Union Cabinet on January 10, 2019 approved the establishment of three more All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) to boost healthcare infrastructure in the country. Among them, while two will be set up in Jammu and Kashmir's Samba and Pulwama districts, the third AIIMS will be set up in Rajkot, Gujarat.
6. (a) January 29
The Supreme Court of India on January 10, 2019 fixed the hearing in the Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid land title dispute case for January 29, 2019. The Constitution Bench hearing the case is to be reconstituted after Justice UU Lalit recused himself from the case, following question on his inclusion in the five judge bench.
7. (a) Taiwan
Taiwan President Tsai Ing-wen appointed Su Tseng-chang as Prime Minister on January 10, 2019, during a Cabinet reshuffle following the ruling Democratic Progressive Party's heavy losses in local elections. Su is a former premier appointed in 2006 by then-President Chen Shui-bian and was a chairman of Tsai’s Democratic Progressive Party for two terms.
8. (d) December 2021
ISRO announced on January 11, 2018 that it is well prepared to meet the targets of launching Gaganyaan manned mission to outer space by December 2021. Addressing a press conference, ISRO Chairman Dr K Sivan has said a human space centre is set up for this mission.
9. (d) Gujarat
An agreement for Renukaji Dam Multipurpose Project was signed on January 11, 2019 among the states of Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Delhi, Rajasthan and Uttarakhand. The project is aimed at meeting the drinking water needs of these states.
10. (c) July 1st
FSSAI has said food businesses need to comply with new packaging regulations that bar use of recycled plastics and newspapers to wrap food articles by July 1. The new packaging regulations would raise the bar of food safety in India to the next level.