12 June 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Trump-Kim Summit, India’s first Lithium Ion (Li-ion) Battery project and Shanghai Cooperation Organisation among others.
1. Which state government has decided to increase the duty of home guard volunteers?
a) Andhra Pradesh
d) Uttar Pradesh
2. Haryana has decided to develop which fort on the pattern of the Mughal Gardens?
a) Farrukh Nagar Fort
b) Firoz Shah Tughlaq Fort
c) Loharu Fort
d) Madhogarh Fort
3. Which sea could become a sea of plastic, as per recent report by WWF?
a) Mediterranean Sea
b) Arabian Sea
c) Tasman Sea
d) Red Sea
4. Which nation has assured India full cooperation in bringing to book any fugitive?
5. In a first, a sitting President of the United States met this nation’s leader for the first time in the last 60 years.
b) North Korea
6. The Union Environment Ministry has approved the proposal for the expansion of which airport?
a) Indira Gandhi International Airport
b) Kempegowda International Airport
c) Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport
d) Rajiv Gandhi International Airport
7. Who was appointed as the Chairman of Central Board of Indirect taxes and Customs (CBIC)?
a) S Ramesh
b) Vanaja N Sarna
c) Om Singh
d) Mahender Nath
8. Who has been appointed as the acting Chairman of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)?
a) Vinay Mittal
b) Arvind Saxena
c) Sunil Mehta
d) Rohan Kumar
9. CSIR-CECRI signed an MoU for transfer of technology for India’s first Lithium Ion (Li-ion) Battery project with which company?
a) Urja Solar Power Pvt Ltd
b) Electronics Corporation of India Ltd
c) RAASI Solar Power Pvt Ltd
d) All of the above
10. Which country in the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation grouping opposed China's One Belt and One Road Initiative?
1. (c) Haryana
The Haryana government has decided to increase the duty of home guard volunteers from 90 days to 150 days per year. The government has also decided that the remuneration to the home guard volunteers would be made through e-payment in their bank accounts.
2. (d) Madhogarh Fort
Haryana Minister Ram Bilas Sharma has said the Madhogarh Fort in Mahendragarh would be developed on the pattern of the Mughal Gardens in Pinjore. With the completion of the Madhogarh-Mahendragarh-Narnaul-Rewari Heritage Circuit, the pace of development would be accelerated in southern Haryana.
3. (a) Mediterranean Sea
The Mediterranean could become a "sea of plastic", the WWF warned in a report released on June 8, 2018, calling for measures to clean up one of the world's worst affected bodies of water. The WWF said the Mediterranean had record levels of ‘micro-plastics’, the tiny pieces of plastic less than five millimetres (0.2 inches) in size which can be found increasingly in the food chain posing a threat to human health.
4. (b) UK
The United Kingdom has assured India of full co-operation towards bringing to book anybody whether it is Vijay Mallya or Nirav Modi who is wanted in India by Indian courts or agencies. This was stated by Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju after his meeting with UK Minister of state for counter terrorism Baroness Williams in New Delhi on June 11, 2018.
5. (b) North Korea
In a historic first, delegation level talks between US President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un began in Singapore on June 12. The world’s two of the most powerful leaders held a brief one-on-one meeting at the Capella Hotel in Sentosa Island before beginning with their delegation level talks. This is the first time that a sitting US president has met a North Korean leader in the last 60 years.
6. (a) Indira Gandhi International Airport
The Union environment ministry has cleared the proposal to expand the Delhi airport. As per plan, the Delhi airport operator wants to expand Terminal 1 and Terminal 3 as well as the roads that lead to the airport and construct a new runway, taxiways and approach roads.
7. (a) S Ramesh
S Ramesh was appointed as the Chairman of the Central Board of Indirect taxes and Customs (CBIC). He will succeed Vanaja N Sarna on July 1, 2018. The CBIC is the apex body for administering the levy and collection of indirect taxes of the Union of India.
8. (b) Arvind Saxena
Arvind Saxena, a 1978-batch Indian Postal Service officer, has been appointed as the acting Chairman of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). He will succeed Vinay Mittal, who completes his term on June 19.
9. (c) RAASI Solar Power Pvt Ltd
The Central Electro Chemical Research Institute (CECRI), Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu under Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) and RAASI Solar Power Pvt Ltd on June 10, 2018 signed a Memorandum of Agreement (MoU) for transfer of technology for India’s first Lithium Ion (Li-ion) Battery project.
10. (d) India
India on June 10, 2018 refused to endorse Chinese President Xi Jinping’s One Belt, One Road (OBOR) project as part of a joint declaration at the 18th Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Summit in Qingdao. The summit was attended by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.