13 June 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Institutional Trading Platform (ITP) Framework, Malabar 2018 and Swachh Iconic Places among others.
1. The “Malabar 2018” has started between India and which two countries?
a) Japan and United States
b) United States and Russia
c) Russia and Japan
d) Japan and Bangladesh
2. Which app was launched by the Railways Ministry to expedite passenger grievance redressal?
a) Rail Sathi
b) Rail Madad
c) Rail Help
d) Rail Guide
3. When is World Day Against Child Labour observed every year?
a) 10 June
b) 11 June
c) 12 June
d) 13 June
4. Which app was launched by Indian Railways recently through which passengers can see meals on offer onboard trains?
a) Khana on Rails
b) Meal on Trains
c) Food on Trains
d) Menu on Rails
5. RBI proposed that borrowers having working capital limit of Rs 150 crore and above, need to withdraw what percent as loan component?
a) 40 percent
b) 45 percent
c) 50 percent
d) 55 percent
6. Where the 11th World Hindi Conference will be held?
a) Sri Lanka
7. India will soon start producing which of the following?
a) Mini satellites
b) Solar-powered cars
c) Lithium Ion batteries
d) All of them
8. Which organisation has constituted Expert Committee to frame rules for direct listing of Indian firms abroad?
b) NITI Aayog
c) Union Finance Ministry
9. Which organisation constituted a Group to review Institutional Trading Platform (ITP) Framework to make stock market listing attractive for startups?
b) Union Finance Ministry
d) NITI Aayog
10. How many iconic sites were announced under the Phase III of the Swachh Iconic Places recently?
1. (a) Japan and United States
The 22nd edition of the trilateral naval exercise “Malabar 2018” started between India, Japan and United States on June 6, 2018. The exercise will feature both ashore and at-sea training off the coast of Guam in the Philippine Sea.
2. (b) Rail Madad
Piyush Goyal, the Union Minister of Railways & Coal, launched two new mobile apps – ‘Rail Madad’ and ‘Menu on Rails’ – to ease the travelling experience of the commuters. The Rail Madad app is aimed at expediting & streamlining passenger grievance redressal.
3. (c) 12 June
The World Day against Child Labour was observed across the world on June 12, 2018 with an aim to raise awareness against child labour. The theme of World Day against Child Labour 2018 was ‘Generation Safe & Healthy’.
4. (d) Menu on Rails
Piyush Goyal, Minister of Railways & Coal on June 11, 2018 launched two mobile apps, namely, Rail Madad and Menu on Rails. The ‘Menu on Rails’ app was developed by IRCTC for creating awareness for the items served to passengers on their Rail Journey.
5. (a) 40 percent
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on June 11, 2018 released the draft guidelines to modify the loan system for delivery of bank credit, making the rules stricter to regulate larger borrowers enjoying working capital facility from the banking system. Borrowers having aggregate fund based working capital limit of Rs 150 crore and above from the banking system, need to withdraw a minimum of 40 percent of the limit as loan component and the remaining as cash credit, with effect from October 1, 2018.
6. (b) Mauritius
The 11th World Hindi Conference will be held in Mauritius from August 18 to August 20, 2018 with an aim to increase the popularity of Hindi globally. The Union External Affairs Ministry has already undertaken the work on the international meet.
7. (c) Lithium Ion batteries
The Central Electro Chemical Research Institute (CECRI), Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu under Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) and RAASI Solar Power Pvt Ltd on June 10, 2018 signed a Memorandum of Agreement (MoU) for transfer of technology for India’s first Lithium Ion (Li-ion) Battery project.
8. (d) SEBI
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) on June 12, 2018 constituted an Expert Committee to frame rules for direct listing of Indian firms abroad. The panel will examine the economic case for permitting direct listing of Indian companies overseas and listing of Indian companies on foreign bourses in India.
9. (a) SEBI
Market regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) on June 12, 2018 constituted a Group to review Institutional Trading Platform (ITP) Framework to make stock market listing attractive for startups. The group will submit the report to SEBI within a period of one month that is by July 2018.
10. (b) 10
Parameswaran Iyer, Secretary of the Union Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation, on June 12, 2018 launched the Phase III of ‘Swachh Iconic Places’ (SIP) under PM Narendra Modi’s Swachh Bharat Mission. The Ministry also launched ten new iconic sites under the third phase of the flagship Swachh Iconic Places project.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week