Top Current Affairs Quiz: 13 September 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as UNWTO Tourism Video Competition 2019, odd-even scheme and new pavilion at Feroz Shah Kotla among others.
13 September 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as UNWTO Tourism Video Competition 2019, odd-even scheme and new pavilion at Feroz Shah Kotla among others.
1. Which country has won the ‘Best Video’ award for the Asia & Pacific Region in the UNWTO Tourism Video Competition 2019?
b) Sri Lanka
2. Which country won the ‘Exceptional stories of sustainable tourism’ award at the UNWTO Tourism Video Competition 2019?
3. Which country has begun exporting bulletproof jackets to over 100 countries?
4. The DDCA has unveiled a new pavilion stand at the Feroz Shah Kotla to honour which cricketer?
a) Sachin Tendulkar
b) Kapil Dev
c) Virat Kohli
d) MS Dhoni
5. Which state’s Chief Minister recently announced to implement the odd-even scheme from November 4 to 15?
b) Uttar Pradesh
6. How many people have been displaced globally due to natural calamities during January-June 2019 as per IDMC Report?
a) Around 7 million
b) Around 3 million
c) Around 9 million
d) Around 5 million
7. Indian Railways signed an MoU with which organisation for facilitation of green initiatives?
a) Confederation of Indian Industries
b) National Green Tribunal
c) Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
d) None of the above
8. PM Modi inaugurated India’s second Multi-Modal Terminal (MMT) in which city?
9. Which country has terminated robot ‘Fedor’ after admitting he could not replace astronauts on spacewalks?
10. Which state government has announced the first agricultural export policy to double the income of farmers?
a) Uttar Pradesh
c) Madhya Pradesh
d) Andhra Pradesh
1. (d) India
India’s ‘Yogi of the Racetrack’ has won ‘Best Video’ award for the Asia & Pacific Region in the UNWTO Tourism Video Competition 2019. Yogi of the Racetrack is a short promotional film on Yoga, which was produced by the Union Ministry of Tourism.
2. (b) Chile
Chile won the award for ‘Exceptional stories of sustainable tourism’ at the UNWTO Tourism Video Competition 2019.
3. (a) India
India has begun exporting bulletproof jackets as per its own standards to over 100 countries including European nations. India is the fourth country after the US, UK and Germany to have its own national standard on the bulletproof jacket which provides 360-degree protection.
4. (c) Virat Kohli
DDCA has unveiled a new pavilion stand at the Feroz Shah Kotla, which has been named after Indian skipper Virat Kohli in honour of his achievements. Virat Kohli recently became the most successful Indian captain in Test cricket, surpassing M S Dhoni.
5. (c) Delhi
The Chief Minister of Delhi, Arvind Kejriwal has reintroduced odd-even scheme in Delhi. This scheme will return to Delhi’s roads from November 4 to 15. CM Arvind Kejriwal has suggested seven point measures to curb pollution in the Delhi NCR.
6. (a) Around 7 million
As per the report released by the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (IDMC), around seven million people have been displaced globally during January-June 2019 due to natural calamities such as floods and storms.
7. (a) Confederation of Indian Industries
Indian Railways signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) to facilitate green initiatives in Indian Railways. The MoU is aimed at greening of railway properties.
8. (d) Sahibganj
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on September 13, 2019 inaugurated India’s second Multi-Modal Terminal (MMT) at Sahibganj in Jharkhand. The Terminal has been built over River Ganga under the Jal Marg Vikas Project.
9. (b) Russia
It’s mission over for a robot called Fedor that Russia blasted to the International Space Station. The developers admitted that he could not replace astronauts on space walks. Fedor, or Final Experimental Demonstration Object Research, was built to assist space station astronauts.
10. (a) Uttar Pradesh
Uttar Pradesh Government has announced it's maiden Agriculture Export policy, 2019 to double the income of farmers in the state. Government aims at doubling the export of agricultural commodities by 2024 with the help of farmer producer organisations and various steps like giving incentives and promoting startups.