15 May 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like India and Nepal bus service, NASA and hairon Singh Shekhawat Antyodaya Swarozgar Yojana among others.
1. India and Nepal started a direct bus service between which two places?
a) Janakpur and Ayodhya
b) Ayodhya and Kathmandu
c) Ayodhya and Muktinath
d) Muktinath and Haridwar
2. Which country will host the 2018 meeting of the BIMSTEC Sub-Group on Prevention of Illicit Trafficking in Narcotic Drugs, Psychotropic Substances and precursor Chemicals?
3. Which country started sea trials of its first home-built aircraft carrier Type 001A recently?
4. The Union government announced to boost the manpower and infrastructure of which force?
a) National Security Guard (NSG)
b) Border Security Force (BSF)
c) Indian Coast Guard (ICG)
d) Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
5. The Indian Army recently finalised a project for indigenous development of a range of arms and ammunitions for how much amount?
a) Rs 15000 crore
b) Rs 18000 crore
c) Rs 25000 crore
d) Rs 29000 crore
6. ISRO scientists are developing a green propellant to replace which conventional rocket fuel?
c) Liquid Hydrogen
d) Liquid Oxygen
7. India signed an agreement on allowing land border crossing with which nation?
8. NASA is planning to fly a helicopter on which space body?
9. Which state signed an agreement for solar power with the National Thermal Power Corporation?
b) Tamil Nadu
10. Which nation has begun its first vaccine campaign against cholera?
11. India signed an agreement in the field of Renewable Energy with which South American nation?
12. The Rajasthan government has launched which scheme to provide loans worth upto Rs 50000 at 4 per cent interest rate to about 50,000 families from the SC/ST and other backward classes community?
a) Sundar Singh Bhandari EBC Swarozgar Yojana
b) Bhairon Singh Shekhawat Antyodaya Swarozgar Yojana
c) Raja Ratan Singh Swarozgar Yojana
d) Maharana Pratap Rozgar Yojana
1. (a) Janakpur and Ayodhya
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Nepalese counterpart KP Sharma Oli on May 11, 2018 jointly flagged-off a direct bus service between the two sacred cities Janakpur and Ayodhya, as part of the ‘Ramayan Circuit’.
2. (b) Nepal
The 5th meeting of the BIMSTEC Sub-Group on Prevention of Illicit Trafficking in Narcotic Drugs, Psychotropic Substances and precursor Chemicals will be held in Kathmandu, Nepal on 23 May 2018.
3. (c) China
China’s first domestically developed aircraft carrier “Type-001A” has recently started sea trials. The aim of trials is to demonstrate the reliability and capability of the ship’s propulsion systems.
4. (d) Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
The Union government has decided to boost the manpower and infrastructure of the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP). Nine new battalions, a strategic sector headquarters on the front, a dozen patrol camps and 47 new border outposts along the China border over the next few years will be created.
5. (a) Rs 15000 crore
The Army has finalised a mega Rs 15000 crore project under which a range of ammunition for its critical weapons and tanks will be produced indigenously. The implementation of the project is being monitored by the top brass of the Army and the Defence Ministry.
6. (b) Hydrazine
Scientists at the Indian Space Research Organisation have reported progress in the development of an environment-friendly propellant to power satellites and spacecraft. The effort is to replace the conventional hydrazine rocket fuel, a highly toxic and carcinogenic chemical, with a greener propellant.
7. (b) Myanmar
India and Myanmar signed 7 agreements during the External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj’s visit to Myanmar. The 7 agreements included one on land border crossing that will enable people from both countries to cross the land border with passport and visa for accessing health and education services.
8. (c) Mars
NASA is planning to send a small helicopter to Mars, in the first test of a heavier-than-air aircraft on another planet. The Mars helicopter will be bundled with the US space agency’s Mars rover when it launches in 2020.
9. (d) Kerala
The Kerala State Electricity Board has signed a memorandum of understanding with the National Thermal Power Corporation for increasing solar power generation in the state. The MoU also includes an agreement to set up a 15 MW solar power unit at the NTPC complex in Kayamkulam.
10. (b) Yemen
The first vaccine campaign against cholera has begun in Yemen, a year and a half after an epidemic was triggered by war and a health and sanitation crisis. According to WHO, there have been more than 1 million cases of cholera in Yemen and 2,275 recorded deaths since Nov 2016.
11. (c) Peru
India and Peru have signed an agreement in the field of Renewable Energy at Lima, Peru. The pact was signed in the presence of Indian Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu and Peru’s Prime Minister Cesar Villanueva Arevalo.
12. (b) Bhairon Singh Shekhawat Antyodaya Swarozgar Yojana
The Rajasthan state government has launched Bhairon Singh Shekhawat Antyodaya Swarozgar Yojana, under which it would provide loans worth up to Rs 50000 at 4 per cent interest rate to about 50,000 families from the scheduled castes and tribes and other backward classes for self-employment.