16 April 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Dadasaheb Phalke Award, Commonwealth Games 2018 and India Mobile Congress among others.
1. Who was conferred with the 2017 Dadasaheb Phalke Award posthumously?
a) Vinod Khanna
b) Sri Devi
c) Shashi Kapoor
d) Reema Lagoo
2. As per a survey conducted by ASSOCHAM, around 88 percent of the people of which state have Vitamin D deficiency?
a) Himachal Pradesh
d) Uttar Pradesh
3. Who was appointed as the Chairman of Bank Board Bureau?
a) Manu Gupta
b) Vikram Rawat
c) Bhanu Pratap Sharma
d) Vinod Rai
4. Who launched the web-based application e-Foreigners Regional Registration Office (e-FRRO)?
a) Narendra Modi
b) Venkaiah Naidu
c) Ram Nath kovind
d) Rajnath Singh
5. Who was appointed as International President of Vishwa Hindu Parishad?
a) Vishnu Sadashiv Kokje
b) G Raghava Reddy
c) Bhanu Pratap Sharma
d) Mohan Singh Khanna
6. Which state recently announced setting up of child protection committees?
a) Uttar Pradesh
b) West Bengal
c) Andhra Pradesh
d) Tamil Nadu
7. US, Britain and France launch air strikes against which nation?
a) North Korea
8. The Supreme Court of which nation has disqualified a former Prime Minister from holding public office for life?
a) South Africa
d) New Zealand
9. The second edition of India Mobile Congress would be held in which city?
d) New Delhi
10. India has won how many gold medals at the Commonwealth Games 2018?
11. India finished at which position at CWG 2018?
12. Which actor has been chosen for the Maharashtra state’s Raj Kapoor Lifetime Achievement honour?
a) Amitabh Bachchan
c) Vinod Khanna
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week
1. (a) Vinod Khanna
Vinod Khanna, the veteran Hindi film actor, was conferred the 2017 Dadasaheb Phalke Award posthumously for his immense contribution to Indian cinema.
2. (b) Delhi
According to a survey conducted by Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM), approximately 88 percent of the people have Vitamin D deficiency in Delhi-NCR region.
3. (c) Bhanu Pratap Sharma
Former senior bureaucrat Bhanu Pratap Sharma is the new Banks Board Bureau (BBB) Chairman. He succeeds Vinod Rai, whose term ended on March 31, 2018.
4. (d) Rajnath Singh
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh launched the web-based application e-Foreigners Regional Registration Office (e-FRRO). The scheme is aimed at building a centralized, transparent online platform for the foreigners to avail visa related services.
5. (a) VS Kokje
Vishnu Sadashiv Kokje, the former Himachal Pradesh governor and Madhya Pradesh High Court judge, was elected as the new international president of Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP).
6. (b) West Bengal
The West Bengal government plans to set up child protection committees at the villages to protect children from being abused.
7. (c) Syria
The United States along with Britain and France launched a combined military operation against Syria on April 14. The military operation is in response to an alleged chemical attack in Douma, a Syrian town near Damascus.
8. (b) Pakistan
The Supreme Court of Pakistan has ruled that disqualification of a lawmaker under Article 62 of the Constitution would be for lifetime. The ruling has dashed the hopes of former Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif of ever returning to power.
9. (d) New Delhi
The second edition of India Mobile Congress (IMC) is scheduled to be held from October 25-27, 2018 in New Delhi. The second edition of India Mobile Congress (IMC) is scheduled to be held from October 25-27, 2018 in New Delhi. The decision was taken after the successful debut of the first edition in 2017.
10. (a) 26
The 21st Commonwealth Games concluded on April 15, 2018 at Gold Coast, Australia. Boxer Mary Kom was the flag bearer for the Indian delegation at the closing ceremony. India with a final haul of 66 medals including 26 Gold, 20 Silver and 20 Bronze finished at the third place.
11. (b) Third
The 21st Commonwealth Games concluded on April 15, 2018 at Gold Coast, Australia. India with a final haul of 66 medals including 26 Gold, 20 Silver and 20 Bronze finished at the third place. Australia stood first with 198 medals including 80 Gold, 59 Silver and 59 Bronze followed by England with 136 medals including 45 Gold, 45 Silver and 46 Bronze.
12. (d) Dharmendra
Veteran Bollywood actor Dharmendra will be conferred with the prestigious Raj Kapoor Lifetime Achievement award and filmmaker Rajkumar Hirani will be conferred with the Raj Kapoor Special Contribution award.