18 June 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Global Environment Performance Index 2018, 106th Indian Science Congress and Dam Safety Bill, 2018 among others.
1. What was India’s rank in the Global Environment Performance Index 2018, as per the State of India’s Environment 2018 report?
2. The Union Cabinet has approved proposal for enactment of which bill?
a) Water Management Bill, 2017
b) Dam Safety Bill, 2018
c) Farmer Grievance Bill, 2018
d) Agriculture Education Bill, 2018
3. Which city will host the 106th Indian Science Congress (ISC-2019)?
4. How many states signed a MoU with Union Health Ministry for the implementation of Ayushman Bharat – National Health Protection Mission?
5. The Union Cabinet has approved continuation of 'Three Year Action Plan’ of Agricultural Education Division & ICAR Institutes with how much outlay?
a) 2000 crore
b) 3256.05 crore
c) 2225.46 crore
d) 1795.24 crore
6. Which country hosted the 23rd European Union Film Festival (EUFF-2018)?
7. Which state signed pact with Quebec province of Canada for economic cooperation & welfare of tribal communities?
8. Which state topped the Composite Water Management Index of Niti Aayog?
9. Who released the Nabard Publication on Water Productivity Mapping of Major Indian Crops?
a) Narendra Modi
b) Rajnath Singh
c) Nitin Gadkari
d) Harsh Vardhan
10. Ivan Duque has been elected as the new President of which nation?
11. Dr. Inder Jit Singh has taken charge as the new Secretary of which Union Ministry?
a) Ministry of Railways
b) Ministry of Finance
c) Ministry of Urban Development
d) Ministry of Coal
12. When is the World Blood Donor Day observed every year?
a) June 13
b) June 14
c) June 15
d) June 16
Answers with Explanation
1. (a) 177th
India was ranked 177th among 180 nations at the 2018 Global Environment Performance Index (EPI) rankings. As per State of India’s Environment (SoE) 2018 in Figures, India scored 5.75 out of 100 in air quality. The SoE is an annual compendium of environmental statistics put together by Down To Earth magazine.
2. (b) Dam Safety Bill, 2018
The Union Cabinet has approved the proposal for introduction of Dam Safety Bill, 2018 in the Parliament. The bill will enable all states and union territories of India to adopt uniform dam safety procedures that will not only ensure the safety of the dams but will also safeguard their benefits.
3. (a) Jalandhar
The 106th Indian Science Congress (ISC-2019) will be held at Lovely Professional University (LPU) in Jalandhar, Punjab in January 2019. The theme of the 5-day science congress is ‘Future India: Science & Technology’.
4. (a) 20
The Union Health Minister, J P Nadda on June 14, 2018 exchanged Memorandum of Understanding with health ministers from 20 states, marking their commitment towards the launch of the Ayushman Bharat – National Health Protection Mission (AB-NHPM) at a Health Ministers conclave in New Delhi.
5. (c) 2225.46 crore
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the continuation of the Three Year Action Plan (2017-2020) of Agricultural Education Division and ICAR Institutes with an outlay of Rs 2225.46 crore for strengthening and developing higher agricultural education in India.
6. (b) India
India will host the 23rd European Union Film Festival (EUFF-2018) at the Siri Fort Auditorium in New Delhi from 18 – 24 June 2018. The festival will improve cultural ties between India and European countries. Approx 24 latest European movies from 23 European countries will be screened.
7. (c) Maharashtra
The Maharashtra government signed pact with Quebec province of Canada to increase economic cooperation and welfare of the tribal community. The key areas of focus are information technology, biotechnology, artificial intelligence and welfare of the tribal community.
8. (d) Gujarat
On June 14, the Minister for Water Resources Nitin Gadkari released Niti Aayog’s composite water management index report in New Delhi. Gujarat topped the list while Jharkhand was adjudged as the worst performer. Gujarat is followed by Madhya Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Maharashtra.
9. (c) Nitin Gadkari
Union Minister for Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Shipping, Road Transport & Highways Nitin Gadkari released a book ‘Water productivity mapping of major Indian crops’ published by NABARD in a function at New Delhi on June 14, 2018.
10. (b) Colombia
Conservative political newcomer Ivan Duque has been elected President of Colombia. Duque won 54 percent of the vote. At a victory rally in the capital Bogota, he pledged to unite the country following a divisive campaign. Marta Lucía Ramirez, will become first female Vice-President of the country.
11. (d) Ministry of Coal
Dr. Inder Jit Singh, assumed charge as Secretary, Ministry of Coal on June 14, 2018 at Shastri Bhawan office in New Delhi. Singh took over the charge of Secretary that had fallen vacant after superannuation of Susheel Kumar on April 30, 2018.
12. (b) June 14
The World Blood Donor Day (WBDD) is observed every year on June 14 across the globe to thank voluntary, unpaid blood donors for their life-saving gifts of blood. The 2018 theme is ‘Be there for someone else. Give blood. Share life’.