19 June 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like European Union Film Festival, World's oldest Sumatran orangutan and Year of Disabled Soldiers in Line of Duty among others.
1. Which country recently denied undertaking joint project to develop naval base?
2. When is the World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought observed every year?
a) June 16
b) June 17
c) June 18
d) June 19
3. Who was elected as the new President of Colombia?
a) Marta Lucia Ramirez
b) Juan Manuel Santos
c) Ivan Duque Marquez
d) Christiana Pedro
4. The 23rd European Union Film Festival began in which city?
d) New Delhi
5. Which country successfully launched a Glonass- M positioning satellite by using a Soyuz-2.1b carrier rocket?
d) South Korea
6. Which country recently adopted an economic plan to allow more foreign workers to work in the country?
7. US President Donald Trump has unveiled plans to impose 10 per cent tariffs on 200 billion dollars worth of goods from this country.
8. World's oldest Sumatran orangutan has passed away at the age of 62. Which country was she living in?
9. Who has launched the National Digital Library?
a) Rajnath Singh
b) Prakash Javadekar
c) Narendra Modi
d) Ram Nath Kovind
10. Which state government has approved the merger of shikshakarmi with state school education department?
11. When was the International Day for the Elimination of Sexual Violence in Conflict observed?
a) June 16
b) June 17
c) June 18
d) June 19
12. The Indian Army is observing the year 2018 as a special year to honour whom?
a) Disabled Soldiers
c) Crossfire victims
d) Border Force
1. (a) Seychelles
Seychelles President Danny Faure, ahead of his state visit to India, denied undertaking India-Seychelles joint project to develop naval base at Assumption Island of Seychelles. He also stated that Seychelles will develop military facilities at the island on its own.
2. (b) June 17
The World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought (WDCD) is observed every year to promote public awareness of international efforts to combat desertification. The theme of 2018 World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought was Land has true value – invest in it.
3. (c) Ivan Duque Marquez
Ivan Duque Marquez, the Conservative political newcomer, was elected as the President of Colombia and will assume office on August 7, 2018. He won the 2018 presidential election by 54% of the vote on June 17, 2018.
4. (d) New Delhi
Col Rajyavardhan Rathore, the Union Minister of Information and Broadcasting, inaugurated the European Union Film Festival (EUFF) at Siri Fort Auditorium in New Delhi on June 18, 2018. The purpose of the festival is to improve cultural ties between India and European countries.
5. (a) Russia
Russia successfully launched a Glonass- M positioning satellite by using a Soyuz-2.1b carrier rocket from the Plesetsk space center on June 17, 2018. The Glonass network provides real-time positioning data for surface, sea and airborne objects around the globe.
6. (b) Japan
Japan’s Cabinet adopted an economic plan to allow more foreign workers to work in the country. This proposal will help the country to make up for its declining workforce. In recent times, number of foreign workers in Japan has nearly doubled to 1.28 million.
7. (b) China
US President Donald Trump has unveiled plans to impose 10 per cent tariffs on 200 billion dollars worth of Chinese goods on top of previous punitive measures over Beijing's unacceptable move to raise its own tariffs.
8. (d) Australia
The world's oldest known Sumatran orangutan has died in an Australian zoo at the age of 62. Puan, described as the grand old lady of Perth Zoo, was euthanised on June 18 due to age-related complications. She had been at the zoo since 1968 and was officially recognised by Guinness World Records.
9. (b) Prakash Javadekar
HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar launched the National Digital Library on June 19, 2018. The library aims to be a single window platform for all educational needs. Users can register for free National Digital Library from Google Play store.
10. (c) Chhattisgarh
The Chhattisgarh Government has approved the merger of `shikshakarmi' with the state school education department with effect from July 1. The decision is expected to benefit around 1.50 lakh shikshakarmi who are currently working under Panchayats and urban local bodies.
11. (d) June 19
The third annual International Day for the Elimination of Sexual Violence in Conflict was observed across the world on June 19, 2018. The day aims to foster solidarity with the survivors who endure multiple, intersecting stigmas in the wake of sexual violence.
12. (a) Disabled Soldiers
The Indian Army is observing the year 2018 as the ‘Year of Disabled Soldiers in Line of Duty’ to honour soldiers who have been disabled in the line of duty while serving the nation and to celebrate the undying spirit of ‘Soldiering’.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.