Top Current Affairs Quiz: 2 April 2019
The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as World Autism Awareness Day, ICC Test Championship mace and Japan’s new imperial era among others.
2 April 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as World Autism Awareness Day, ICC Test Championship mace and Japan’s new imperial era among others.
1. Which country has banned industrial fishing for a month to protect its fish stock from depletion?
a) New Zealand
c) Sierra Leone
2. Which country has ordered the destruction of around three lakh maps for not mentioning some territories as a part of its own?
c) North Korea
3. Which country has won the ICC Test Championship mace for the third consecutive year?
b) South Africa
c) New Zealand
4. Which country has topped in online voting with 44 per cent e-votes?
c) New Zealand
5. Abdelaziz Bouteflika will step down as the President of this nation after almost 20 years in office.
6. When the World Autism Awareness Day is observed every year?
a) 1 April
b) 2 April
c) 3 April
d) 4 April
7. What is the name of Japan’s new imperial era that will begin on May 1, 2019?
8. Which social media platform launched the “Why am I seeing this post” feature?
9. The Union Government on March 31, 2019 extended the last date to link Permanent Account Number (PAN) with Aadhaar number till which date?
a) June 30, 2019
b) September 30, 2019
c) December 31, 2019
d) March 31, 2020
10. The Kandhamal Haldi that received the Geographical indication (GI) tag on April 1, 2019, belongs to which state?
d) Tamil Nadu
1. (c) Sierra Leone
Sierra Leone has banned industrial fishing in its territorial waters for a month from April 1, 2019 in a move to try to shore up stocks that was applauded by environmental activists. The government also decreed a halt to exports by major fishing companies to protect its fish stock from depletion.
2. (b) China
China has ordered the destruction of three lakh more maps for not mentioning Arunachal Pradesh and Taiwan as part of its territory. Last month, Chinese officials destroyed around 30,000 world maps printed in the country for incorrectly showing the borders with India and depicting Taiwan as a separate country. India and China have so far held 21 rounds of talks to resolve the border dispute covering 3,488-km-long Line of Actual Control.
3. (d) India
India have retained the ICC Test Championship Mace and won the purse of USD 1 million for a third successive year on April 1, 2019. India won this award after finishing at the top of the MRF Tyres ICC Test Team Rankings on the cut-off date of April 1, while New Zealand have ensured second place.
4. (d) Estonia
Estonia has emerged as a global leader in online voting with 44% of votes in the recently concluded parliamentary elections in the country. Centre-Right Reform Party emerged victorious with 40% of the e-votes and nearly 30% of the total vote.
5. (a) Algeria
Algeria's President Abdelaziz Bouteflika has announced that he will resign from his position before his mandate expires on April 28, 2019. The president will take steps to ensure state institutions continue to function during the transition period. The move follows weekly protests by the citizens of the nation who called for the 82-year-old Bouteflika to step down after almost 20 years in office.
6. (b) 2 April
The World Autism Awareness Day was observed across the world on April 2, 2019 with an aim to encourage the Member States of the United Nations to take measures to raise awareness about autism throughout the world.
7. (a) Reiwa
Japan on April 1, 2019 declared ‘Reiwa’ as the name of its new imperial era that will begin on May 1, 2019 once the new Crown Prince Naruhito ascends the Chrysanthemum Throne. Crown Prince Naruhito will succeed his father Emperor Akihito, who will abdicate the empire on April 30, 2019, putting an end to three decades long ‘Heisei’ era.
8. (c) Facebook
Facebook introduced a new feature titled “Why am I seeing this post” to help users understand and control the kind of posts surfacing on their News Feed from friends, Pages, and Groups.
9. (b) September 30, 2019
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) extended the last date to link Permanent Account Number (PAN) with Aadhaar number by six month till September 30, 2019. Earlier, March 31, 2019 was the last date.
10. (a) Odisha
Kandhamal Haldi, a variety of turmeric indigenous to southern Odisha, earned the Geographical indication (GI) tag on April 1, 2019 from Intellectual Property India, an organisation functioning under the Union ministry of commerce & industry.