Top Current Affairs Quiz: 20 May 2019
The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Lok Sabha Elections 2019, World Day for Cultural Diversity and SIMBEX 2019 among others.
20 May 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Lok Sabha Elections 2019, World Day for Cultural Diversity and SIMBEX 2019 among others.
1. When did the Lok Sabha Elections 2019 conclude?
a) 17 May
b) 18 May
c) 19 May
d) 20 May
2. India recently delivered a pair of Mi-24 attack helicopters to which country?
a) Sri Lanka
3. A High-Level Committee on Digital Payments recently submitted its report to the RBI. The Committee is headed by whom?
a) Nandan Nilekani
b) Kishore Sansi
c) Sanjay Jain
d) Aruna Sharma
4. UPI payments app BharatPe appointed which personality as its Brand Ambassador?
a) Aamir Khan
b) Amitabh Bachchan
c) Salman Khan
d) Akshay Kumar
5. The voting for the Lok Sabha Elections 2019 was held in how many constituencies?
6. Which state’s 26 reservoirs have hit ‘zero water’ storage level?
c) West Bengal
7. When is World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development observed?
a) 20th May
b) 19th May
c) 21st May
d) 22nd May
8. How many states voted in the seventh and last phase of Lok Sabha Polls, held on May 19?
9. With which country naval exercise SIMBEX-2019 is scheduled from May 16 to May 22, 2019?
a) Saudi Arabia
10. How many missions have been announced by ISRO to be conducted in next 10 years?
1. (c) 19 May
The Lok Sabha Elections 2019 concluded on May 19, 2019 with the seventh and final phase of polling in 59 constituencies across 7 States and a Union Territory.
2. (b) Afghanistan
Vinay Kumar, Indian Ambassador to Afghanistan, handed over Mi-24 attack helicopters to Acting Defence Minister Asadullah Khalid at the Kabul Air Force base, Afghanistan.
3. (a) Nandan Nilekani
Nandan Nilekani-headed panel on Digital Payments submitted its report to the Reserve Bank of India. The Reserve Bank will now examine the recommendations of the Committee.
4. (c) Salman Khan
UPI payments app BharatPe appointed Bollywood actor Salman Khan as its brand ambassador. The campaign will be focused towards educating merchants and users about UPI payments.
5. (a) 542
The Lok Sabha Elections 2019 were conducted in 542 parliamentary constituencies across states and union territories. The election results will be declared on May 23, 2019.
6. (b) Maharashtra
The statistics revealed by the Water Conservation department of Maharashtra reveals that 26 reservoirs in the state hit zero water storage level on May 18, 2019. The dams that have zero storage at the moment include Paithan, Manjara, Majalgaon, Yeldari, Siddeshwar, Lower Terna, Sina Kolegaon and Lower Dhudna in Aurangabad division.
7. (c) 21st May
The World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development will be observed on May 21, 2019. The day provides an opportunity to deepen our understanding of the values of cultural diversity, as three-quarters of the world’s major conflicts have a cultural dimension.
8. (a) 7
The voting for the seventh and final phase of Lok Sabha Elections 2019 was held on May 19, 2019 in 59 constituencies across 7 States and a Union Territory.
9. (d) Singapore
Indian Naval ships INS Kolkata and INS Shakti would participate in annual bilateral naval exercise between India and Singapore – SIMBEX-2019. Along with INS Kolkata and INS Shakti, Indian long range maritime patrol aircraft Poseidon-8I (P8I) will also participate in SIMBEX-19. This naval exercise is scheduled from May 16 to May 22, 2019.
10. (b) 7
Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) recently announced for its upcoming mission over next 10 years. Apart from much awaited and ambitious Chadrayaan-2 some other mega missions will be conducted. Among these seven mega missions ISRO has defined XPoSat and Aditya-L1 missions only.