26 June 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Saudi Arabia lifts ban on female drivers, E Sreedharan committee and IIFA awards 2018 among others.
1. Which country recently lifted the ban on female drivers?
a) Saudi Arabia
2. Which committee was constituted by the Union Government to lay down standards for metro rail systems in the country?
a) K S Mehta committee
b) E Sreedharan committee
c) Sushil Mehta committee
d) Baba Kalyani committee
3. Who was elected as President of Turkey in the presidential election in 2018?
a) Abdullah Gul
b) Tughut ojal
c) Recep Tayyip Erdogan
d) Muharrem Ince
4. When is the International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking observed every year?
a) 23 June
b) 24 June
c) 25 June
d) 26 June
5. Which movie won the Best Picture Award at the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) awards 2018?
a) Tumhari Sulu
d) Hindi Medium
6. Which Indian archer clinched a gold medal in the women’s recurve event at stage three of World Cup in Salt Lake City of US?
a) Shanti Das
b) Deepika Kumari
c) Laxmirani Majhi
d) Devi Laishram
7. The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) approved an equity investment of how much amount in National Investment & Infrastructure Fund (NIIF)?
a) USD 400 million
b) USD 300 million
c) USD 200 million
d) USD 100 million
8. India recently agreed to hold the first edition of naval exercise “Coordinated Patrol (CORPAT)” with which neighbouring country?
c) Sri Lanka
9. The Sindhu Darshan Mahotsav is celebrated at which place?
10. Which country's recently rejected the proposal of developing Indian naval base, and then again agreed for it?
1. (a) Saudi Arabia
In a first, women across Saudi Arabia were legally allowed to drive for the first time since 1957 on June 24, 2018, thus, ending the world’s last ban on female drivers which was seen as a symbol of women’s repression in the deeply conservative Muslim kingdom.
2. (b) E Sreedharan committee
Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the proposal of setting up of a committee to lay down standards for metro rail systems in the country. The committee will be headed by E Sreedharan, who is also known as the ‘Metro Man’.
3. (c) Recep Tayyip Erdogan
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan was declared winner of landmark presidential election held on June 24, 2018. With 99% of votes counted, Erdogan had won a 52.54% share of the national vote, while the opposition CHP party’s candidate, Muharrem Ince, was on 30.68%.
4. (d) 26 June
The International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking was observed across the globe on June 26, 2018 with an aim to raise awareness of the major problem that illicit drugs represent to society. The theme of the International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking 2018 was "Listen First - Listening to children and youth is the first step to help them grow healthy and safe".
5. (a) Tumhari Sulu
Tumhari Sulu, a movie about a housewife who lands a job as a radio jockey, won the Best Picture Award at the International Indian Film Academy Awards 2018 in Bangkok. Irfan Khan was adjudged the Best Actor for his role in the film “Hindi Medium”.
6. (b) Deepika Kumari
In Archery, Deepika Kumari clinched a gold medal in the women’s recurve event at stage three of World Cup in Salt Lake City of US on June 25, 2018. She defeated Michelle Kroppen of Germany by 7-3.
7. (c) USD 200 million
On June 24, the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) has approved a USD 200 million equity investment into the National Investment & Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) of India and the first tranche of $100 million has already been approved by the bank’s Board.
8. (d) Bangladesh
The naval forces of India and Bangladesh will conduct the joint patrol exercise “Coordinated Patrol (CORPAT)” in the Bay of Bengal from June 27, 2018. The first edition of 3-day naval exercise will be inaugurated by Admiral Sunil Lanba, Chief of the naval staff (CNS) of India, who is visiting Bangladesh.
9. (a) Ladakh
The three-day annual Sindhu Darshan Festival will be celebrated on the bank of Indus River in Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir. The Festival organised by Sindhu Darshan Yatra Samiti and Ladakh Phandey Tsogspa, Leh, will be inaugurated by RSS General Secretary Bhaiya Ji.
10. (b) Seychelles
Seychelles President Danny Faure, ahead of his state visit to India, denied undertaking India-Seychelles joint project to develop naval base at Assumption Island of Seychelles. He also stated that Seychelles will develop military facilities at the island on its own.