Top Current Affairs Quiz: 27 May 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as new Chief Minister of Sikkim, ICC World Cup and swearing of PM Modi among others.
Sangeeta NairMay 27, 2019 17:56 IST
27 May 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as new Chief Minister of Sikkim, ICC World Cup and swearing of PM Modi among others.
1. When will Narendra Modi be sworn-in as the Prime Minister?
a) May 28
b) May 29
c) May 30
d) May 31
2. The Orchha town was recently added to the tentative list of World Heritage Sites of UNESCO. Where is the Orchha town located?
a) Andhra Pradesh
b) Madhya Pradesh
c) Uttar Pradesh
d) Himachal Pradesh
3. Prem Singh Golay took oath as the Chief Minister of which state?
b) Tamil Nadu
4. Who among the following world leaders has become the first one to meet Japan’s new emperor?
a) Xi Jinping
b) Narendra Modi
c) Theresa May
d) Donald Trump
5. India on May 27, 2019 paid homage to which among the following leaders, on his 55th death anniversary?
a) Jawaharlal Nehru
b) Vallabhbhai Patel
c) Subhas Chandra Bose
d) Rajendra Prasad
6. When will the ICC World Cup Final be held?
a) July 9
b) July 1
c) July 14
d) July 11
7. Which among the following teams has never won the ICC World Cup before?
a) New Zealand
b) Sri Lanka
d) West Indies
8. Who will be sworn in as the new Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh?
a) Pema Khandu
b) Himanta Biswa Sarma
c) Biren Singh
d) Prem Singh Golay
9. Which organisation flight tested Guided Bomb from Sukhoi combat jet?
10. Which IAF’s aircraft was recently certified to operate on indigenous Bio-Jet fuel?
b) CH-47 Chinook
c) Global 5000
1. (c) May 30
Narendra Modi will be sworn in as India’s 16th Prime Minister on May 30, 2019 for his second term. President Ram Nath Kovind appointed BJP leader Narendra Modi as Prime Minister and invited him to form a new government at the Centre, exercising powers under Article 75 (1) of the Indian Constitution.
2. (b) Madhya Pradesh
The Orchha town of Madhya Pradesh has been included in tentative list of the World Heritage Sites of United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO). It is famous for its four palaces - Jahangir Palace, Rai Praveen Mahal, Raja Mahal, and Sheesh Mahal.
3. (d) Sikkim
Prem Singh Golay, the President of the Sikkim Karantikari Morcha (SKM), took oath as the Chief Minister of Sikkim. Golay was administered the oath of office and secrecy by Governor Ganga Prasad.
4. (d) Donald Trump
US President has become the first foreign head of state to meet Japan's new Emperor Naruhito, following abdication by his father, Emperor Akihito.
5. (a) Jawaharlal Nehru
India on May 27, 2019 paid homage to its first Prime Minister Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru on his 55th death anniversary.
6. (c) July 14
The ICC World Cup final will be held on July 14, 2019. The two teams, which qualify semi-final 1 and 2, scheduled to be held on July 9 and 11 respectively, would face-off in the finals.
7. (a) New Zealand
New Zealand has never won the World Cup. The team, known as the Black Caps entered its maiden finals at the 2015 Cricket World Cup.
8. (a) Pema Khandu
Pema Khandu will be sworn-in as the new Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh for the second time on May 29, 2019. The move follows landslide victory of the BJP in the state’s assembly elections with 41 seats in the 60-member house.
9. (c) DRDO
Defence Research and Defence Organisation (DRDO) successfully flight tested a 500 kg class Inertial Guided Bomb (IGB) from Sukhoi combat jet from the Pokhran test range in Rajasthan. The guided bomb achieved the desired range and had hit the target with high precision successfully.
10. (d) AN-32
Russian AN-32 aircraft of the Indian Air Force (IAF) was certified by CEMILAC to fly on a blended bio-jet fuel. The fuel consists of 10 percent tree-derived and 90 percent conventional aviation fuel.