29 June 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like National Statistics Day, Solar Chakra Mission and International Day of the Tropics among others.
1. Which is the most spoken language in India as per the data on language released as part of Census 2011?
2. When is the National Statistics Day observed in India?
a) June 28
b) June 29
c) June 30
d) June 31
3. Which flagship programme of Ministry of Shipping was awarded in infrastructure sector in 52nd Skoch Summit 2018?
b) Sagar Tarini
d) Samudra Manthan
4. India committed to increase its grant to what amount to the Global Environment Facility (GEF)?
a) USD 5 million
b) USD 10 million
c) USD 12 million
d) USD 15 million
5. Udyam Sangam-2018 was organised by which Ministry?
a) Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises
b) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
c) Ministry of Shipping
d) Ministry of Home Affairs
6. What was the theme of the 2018 National Statistics Day?
a) Statistics on Trees & Climate Change
b) Quality Assurance in Official Statistics
c) Administrative Statistics
d) Agri-Food Statistics
7. When is the International Day of the Tropics celebrated every year?
a) June 27
b) June 28
c) June 29
d) June 30
8. People of which state are most prone to the risk of cardiovascular diseases as per the recent surveys?
c) Himachal Pradesh
1. (a) Hindi
As per the data on language released by the Union government as part of Census 2011, Hindi is the most spoken language in India. Bengali has taken the second spot, followed by Marathi, Telugu, Tamil and Gujarati.
2. (b) June 29
The “Statistics Day” is celebrated every year on June 29 at the National level in India to create public awareness about the importance of statistics in socio-economic planning and policy formulation
3. (c) Sagarmala
The Ministry of Shipping’s flagship programme ‘Sagarmala’ received the ‘Gold Award’ in infrastructure sector in the recently concluded 52nd Skoch Summit 2018 in New Delhi. The Sagarmala Programme also received the ‘Order of Merit’ at the Summit.
4. (d) USD 15 million
In a bid to boost environmental protection around the world, India will increase its grant from $12 million to $15 million to the Global Environment Facility (GEF)’s new four-year investment cycle, known as GEF-7.
5. (a) Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises
The Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises organised Udyam Sangam -- National MSME Conclave on June 27, 2018 on the occasion of the UN MSME Day. On the same occasion, President launched the Solar Charkha Mission.
6. (b) Quality Assurance in Official Statistics
The “Statistics Day” is celebrated every year on June 29 at the National level in India to create public awareness about the importance of statistics in socio-economic planning and policy formulation. The 2018 theme is “Quality Assurance in Official Statistics” aims to underscore the importance of compliance with essential parameters of quality in statistical systems and products.
7. (c) June 29
The International Day of the Tropics is observed across the world on 29 June with an aim to raise awareness to the specific challenges faced by tropical areas and the far-reaching implications of the issues affecting the world’s tropical zone.
8. (d) Kerala
Two recent national surveys of nearly 800000 adults between 34 and 70 years found that people of Kerala were most at risk of cardiovascular diseases while those in Jharkhand were least likely to have the condition.