3 July 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Cauvery Water Management Authority, Delhi and Districts Cricket Association and happiness curriculum among others.
1. Who was elected as the President of Delhi and Districts Cricket Association (DDCA)?
a) Rajat Sharma
b) Madan Lal
c) Rahul Chaudhary
d) Vikram Chandra
2. Who was conferred with the National Kalidas Samman in visual arts by the Madhya Pradesh government?
a) Rajveer Upadhaya
b) Anjolie Ela Menon
c) A Ramachandran
d) Shameer Das
3. Where was the first meeting of the Cauvery Water Management Authority (CWMA) held?
c) New Delhi
4. As per US State Department’s 2018 Trafficking in Persons Report, which country was named as “worst human trafficking nation”?
d) North Korea
5. Which city hosted the National Workshop on Skill Development for Persons with Disabilities?
c) New Delhi
6. Which state government has launched a ‘happiness curriculum’ for school students?
d) Uttar Pradesh
7. Which state is going to implement Ayushman Bharat Yojana from August 15, 2018?
a) Uttar Pradesh
b) Madhya Pradesh
8. The National Consultation on Accessible Elections was held in which city?
d) New Delhi
9. Which state has decided to recommend death penalty for drug peddlers?
10. The United Nations has declared Chiribiquete national park as a world heritage site. The park is located in which nation?
1. (a) Rajat Sharma
Rajat Sharma, who is the Chairman and Chief Editor of Hindi news channel INDIA TV, was elected as the President of Delhi and Districts Cricket Association (DDCA) for a period of 3 years. The results of the DDCA polls were announced on July 2, 2018 and Sharma’s group swept the elections winning all 12 seats.
2. (b) Anjolie Ela Menon
Anjolie Ela Menon, the well known muralist, was conferred with the prestigious National Kalidas Samman by the Madhya Pradesh government in Delhi for her contribution in visual arts. Beside her, Artist A. Ramachandran was also conferred with the Kalidas Award.
3. (c) New Delhi
On July 2, the first meeting of the Cauvery Water Management Authority (CWMA) was held at Central Water Commission (CWC) office in New Delhi to resolve disputes over sharing of river water among Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kerala and Puducherry.
4. (d) North Korea
As per US State Department’s 2018 Trafficking in Persons Report, North Korea was tagged “worst human trafficking nation” for the 16th straight year, citing the use of forced labour. North Korea has been included in the Tier 3 category, which is the lowest ranking, along with China, Russia and Iran.
5. (c) New Delhi
A ‘National Workshop on Skill Development for Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan)’ was organised by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD) under Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment in New Delhi on July 3, 2018.
6. (a) Delhi
The Delhi government has launched 'Happiness Curriculum' for school students up to class 8. The special curriculum would include meditation, value education and mental exercises. It would involve a 'Happiness' period of 45 minutes for all students up to class 8 in the Delhi government schools.
7. (b) Madhya Pradesh
The Ayushman Bharat Yojana under the Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Swasthya Suraksha Mission will be implemented in Madhya Pradesh from August 15 this year. Under the Ayushman Bharat Yojana, an annual health security cover worth Rs 5 lakh will be provided to each family.
8. (d) New Delhi
The Election Commission of India organised a two-day “National Consultation on Accessible Elections,” from July 3-4 in New Delhi. The event was a part of the ECI’s larger mission to ‘leave no voter behind,’ with a special focus on ‘Persons with Disabilities’.
9. (c) Punjab
Faced with criticism from several quarters over alleged spate of deaths due to drug overdose in the state, Punjab cabinet on July 2, 2018 decided to recommend to the Centre death penalty for drug peddlers and smugglers.
10. (a) Colombia
The United Nations has placed Colombia's Chiribiquete national park on its list of world heritage sites. The park is the country's largest and has one of the highest rates of plant diversity in the northern Amazon. It is the ninth site in Colombia to be given world heritage status.
Parliament passes Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Second Amendment) Bill, 2018
Assam-NRC Draft can’t be basis of any action by any authority: SC
Government to soon introduce bill proposing death penalty for mob lynching
Ministry of Shipping issues new guidelines for improving treasury investment for Major Ports