Top Current Affairs Quiz: 4 October 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as second fastest Indian to take 200 test wickets, Chandrayaan-2’s new discovery and OPEC membership among others.
4 October 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as second fastest Indian to take 200 test wickets, Chandrayaan-2’s new discovery and OPEC membership among others.
1. Recently government has launched which portal to improve coal supply to power plants?
2. Who from the following became the second fastest Indian to take 200 Test wickets?
a) Ishant Sharma
b) Md. Shami
c) Ravindra Jadeja
d) Hanumant Bihari
3. What is the household income limit for borrowers of NBFC-MFI in rural areas?
a) 1 lakh
b) 1.5 lakh
c) 1.25 lakh
d) 2 lakh
4. Who became the new president of Rajasthan Cricket Association?
a) Vaibhav Gehlot
b) Amar Sharma
c) Akash Chopra
d) Nikil Arora
5. Which country’s PM arrived for an official visit in India on October 3, 2019?
6. Which state government has decided to purchase single-use plastic waste to make the state plastic free?
a) Himachal Pradesh
7. Haza Al Mansuri is the first astronaut of which country who returned from the International Space Station recently?
8. What is the name of Chandrayaan-2’s payload that found charged particles on the Moon?
9. Which of the following countries have announced to leave membership of OPEC?
10. In which place India's first floating basketball court has started?
Answers with Explanation
1. (b) Prakash
Prakash-(Power Rail Koyla Availability through Supply Harmony) portal will also help in mapping coal stock in mines as well as monitor the movement of railway rakes and the availability of coal in power plants for stakeholders.Full name of Prakash Portal. The main objective of the government is to improve coordination between the ministries of power, coal and railways to ensure coal supply to power plants.
2. (c) Ravindra Jadeja
Ravindra Jadeja has achieved this feat during the test match between India and S.Africa. He is also the quickest amongst left arm bowlers in the World cricket.
3. (c) 1.25 lakh
Recently, in a new policy declaration RBI announced that income limit for rural areas to borrow from NBFC-MFI are raised to Rs.1.25 lakh from Rs. 1 lakh. Whereas, in urban and semi-urban it is Rs. 2 lakh.
4. (a) Vaibhav Gehlot
Vaibhav Gehlot is the son of Rajasthan’s CM Ashok Gahlot. He won with a good margin of 25-6 against his nearest rival Ram Prakash Choudhary.
5. (a) Bangladesh
Bangladesh’s PM Sheikh Hasina arrived for a four-day visit to India on October 3, 2019. The visit is aimed at strengthening India-Bangladesh ties amidst the tensions after Assam’s NRC exercise.
6. (a) Himachal Pradesh
Himachal Pradesh government will buy back single-use plastic waste at Rs. 75 per kg. The plastic waste comprising polythene bags, chips packets, wrappers etc. Himachal Pradesh had banned use of polythene in 2009.
7. (d) UAE
Haza Al Mansuri is the first astronaut of the United Arab Emirates, who flew to the International Space Space Station in Russian spacecraft Soyuz and returned recently. He spent eight days in ISS along with US and Russian astronauts.
8. (b) CLASS
Chandrayaan-2's Orbiter Payload CLASS has claimed to found 'charged particles' on the Moon. According to the information released by ISRO, the solar air flow from the Sun to the Moon's orbit was recorded.
9. (a) Ecuador
Ecuador has decided to leave membership of the OPEC group. This decision of Ecuador will be effective from January 1, 2020. Ecuador has decided to leave OPEC due to internal financial problems.
10. (d) Mumbai
India's first floating basketball court has been started in Mumbai by the National Basketball Association (NBA). India is organizing first NBA game in Mumbai on October 4, 2019.