5 July 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like UN Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan, Uttarakhand declares animals as legal persons and 42nd World Heritage Committee among others.
1. Who was appointed new Head of Mission and Chief Military Observer for UN Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan (UNMOGIP)?
a) Jose Eladio Alcain
b) Per Gustaf Lodin
c) Adlai Stevenson
d) Madeleine Albright
2. Who was appointed as Director General of Ordnance Factories (DGOF) & Chairman of the Ordnance Factory Board (OFB)?
a) Sunil Mehta
b) P K Shrivastava
c) Rama Kelkar
d) Mithun Das
3. India’s first-ever e-waste recycling unit will be set up in which state?
4. According to Supreme Court’s latest ruling, the minimum tenure for Directors General of Police (DGPs) should be how many years?
a) 8 years
b) 5 years
c) 3 years
d) 2 years
5. The Commonwealth Chess championship-2018 was held in which country?
a) Sri Lanka
6. The Asia Pacific Trade Agreement came into effect on which date?
a) May 6, 2015
b) July 1, 2018
c) June 10, 2017
d) April 5, 2016
7. Which state’s high court has declared animals as legal persons?
a) Himachal Pradesh
c) Uttar Pradesh
8. Which agency has launched a process to empanel hospitals to achieve universal health coverage?
9. The Higher Education Financing Agency has been tasked with mobilising how much capital for Revitalizing Infrastructure and Systems in Education by 2022?
a) 100000 crore
b) 10000 crore
c) 50000 crore
d) 60000 crore
10. Which country has issued a decree transferring some powers to President?
11. Which country hosted the 42nd World Heritage Committee meeting?
12. Which veteran Indian cricketer has launched #KitupChallenge to encourage people to start playing sports?
a) Sachin Tendulkar
b) Rahul Dravid
c) Kapil Dev
d) Virendra Sehwag
1. (a) Jose Eladio Alcain
Major General Jose Eladio Alcain of Uruguayan Army was appointed as Head of Mission and Chief Military Observer for UN Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan (UNMOGIP). He will succeed Major General Per Gustaf Lodin of Sweden, who will complete his two year assignment in July 2018.
2. (b) P K Shrivastava
P.K. Shrivastava was appointed as the new Director General of Ordnance Factories (DGOF) and chairman of the Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) with effect from July 1, 2018. Previously, he was Additional DGOF and member at OFB.
3. (c) Karnataka
India’s first-ever state-of-the-art e-waste recycling unit will come up in Bengaluru, which produces an estimated one lakh tonne of electronic waste a year. The Central Institute of Plastics Engineering and Technology (CIPET), a research institute that comes under the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, will set up the unit in the next four months.
4. (d) 2 years
The Supreme Court on July 3, 2018 passed a slew of directions on police reforms in the country, stating guidelines for appointment of the Director General of Police (DGP). The DGP shall serve a minimum tenure of 2 years.
5. (a) Sri Lanka
Grandmaster and former world junior champion Abhijeet Gupta added another feather to his cap by retaining the Commonwealth Chess championship crown in Colombo, Sri Lanka, while International Master Tania Sachdev also finished with a gold medal.
6. (b) July 1, 2018
India has agreed to provide tariff concessions on 3,142 products to Asia Pacific Trade Agreement (APTA) members, including Bangladesh and Sri Lanka, from July 1.
7. (b) Uttarakhand
In a first, the Uttarakhand High Court has accorded the status of ‘legal person’ to the animals in the state. With the ruling, the entire animal kingdom in the state, including the avian and aquatic animals, will be treated as legal entities having a distinct persona with corresponding rights, duties and liabilities of a living person.
8. (c) NHA
The National Health Agency has launched a formal process to empanel public and private hospitals to implement Centre's ambitious Ayushman Bharat-National Health Protection Mission, in order to achieve universal health coverage.
9. (a) 100000 crore
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has approved the proposal for expanding the scope of Higher Education Financing Agency (HEFA) by tasking it to mobilise Rs 1,00,000 crore for Revitalizing Infrastructure and Systems in Education by 2022.
10. (c) Turkey
Turkey issued a decree on July 4, 2018 transferring some powers to the President. The decree, issued in the country’s Official Gazette, brought about changes in laws dating from 1924 to2017 changing references to the Prime Minister and Cabinet of Ministers to the President and the President’s office.
11. (a) Bahrain
The 42nd World Heritage Committee meeting closed on July 4, 2018 in Bahrain's capital Manama, with 19 new sites inscribed to the World Heritage List. The meeting, which opened on June 24, added 13 cultural sites, three natural sites and three mixed ones to the World Heritage List, including Germany’s Naumburg Cathedral, Oman’s Ancient City of Qalhat and China’s Mount Fanjingshan.
12. (a) Sachin Tendulkar
One of India’s greatest cricketers of all times, Sachin Tendulkar took to social media to launch #KitupChallenge to encourage people to start playing sports. Posting a video of himself putting on his cricketing gear and getting ready to play, Tendulkar asked the viewers to take up a sport of their choice.
Parliament passes Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Second Amendment) Bill, 2018
Assam-NRC Draft can’t be basis of any action by any authority: SC
Government to soon introduce bill proposing death penalty for mob lynching
Ministry of Shipping issues new guidelines for improving treasury investment for Major Ports