6 August 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Junction, 73rd anniversary atomic bombing and Defence India Startup Challenge among others.
1. The Union Government has approved 122 research projects for funding under which scheme?
2. Which country has announced a new organ donation plan to address Indian-origin shortages?
3. Which hosted the International Conference on Sustainable Growth through Material Recycling?
c) New Delhi
4. On August 6, 2018, Japan marked the 73rd anniversary atomic bombing on this city.
5. Researchers belonging to which nation have created world’s first single-chromosome yeast?
6. Which Indian think tank launched ‘Move Hack’, a global mobility hackathon ?
a) NITI Aayog
b) Institute of Economic Growth
c) Institute for Studies in Industrial Development
d) Observer Research Foundation
7. Which Indian railway station was renamed as Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Junction?
a) Mughalsarai Junction
b) Lucknow Junction
c) Dadar Junction
d) Raipur Junction
8. Which medical institute has been upgraded to AIIMS level?
a) Christian Medical College & Hospital (CMCH), Vellore
b) Institute of Medical Sciences (IMS) - Banaras Hindu University, Uttar Pradesh
c) Kasturba Medical College (Manipal and Mangalore)
d) Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya Medical College, Gujarat
9. Defence India Startup Challenge was launched in which city?
10. Joint Military exercise 'Maitree 2018 will be conducted between India and which country?
1. (a) IMPRINT-2
The Union Government has approved 122 new research project proposals worth Rs 112 crore for funding under its Impacting Research Innovation and Technology ‘IMPRINT-2’ scheme. Of the selected 122 new projects, 81 are sponsored by the industry.
2. (c) UK
The UK government has announced a new organ donation plan to address the urgent need for organs within the black, Asian and Indian-origin communities in the country. Under the new system of consent for organ and tissue donation, those who do not want to donate their organs will be able to record their decision on the Organ Donor Register (ODR).
3. (c) New Delhi
NITI Aayog’s International Conference on “Sustainable Growth through Material Recycling: Policy Prescriptions” was inaugurated by the Union Minister of Road Transport, Highways & Ganga Rejuvenation, Nitin Gadkari at Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra in New Delhi on August 6, 2018.
4. (d) Hiroshima
Japan marked the 73rd anniversary of the atomic bombing of Hiroshima on August 6, 2018. Tens of thousands of people gathered to honour the victims at an annual memorial ceremony held in the city. They included representatives from 85 countries, as well as survivors of the bombing.
5. (b) China
Researchers from China have claimed to have created the world’s first single-chromosome yeast while not affecting the majority of its functions. The creation could help in furthering research related to aging and diseases in humans. It may also pave the way for new man-made species in the future.
6. (a) NITI Aayog
NITI Aayog has launched ‘Move Hack’, a global mobility hackathon to crowd source solutions aimed at the future of mobility in India. The hackathon, which is envisaged to be one of the largest globally, will be focused on ten themes.
7. (a) Mughalsarai Junction
The iconic Mughalsarai Railway Junction of Uttar Pradesh was on August 5, 2018 renamed as Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Junction Railway station. The Mughalsarai station got a new name after Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik gave his assent to the proposal in June 2018 following the in-principle approval by the Union Government in 2017 to the state government’s proposal.
8. (b) Institute of Medical Sciences (IMS), Banaras Hindu University (BHU) was upgraded to the level of All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS). With this upgradation, IMS-BHU will be entitled to get enhanced funding and better health care facilities.
9. (c) Bengaluru
Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on 04 Aug called upon startups to develop technologies and weapons for the Indian armed forces. It was launched in Bengaluru. Through the contest, startups, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and individual researchers and academic institutions can take part in 11 different categories of creating technologies and products that can be used by the armed forces.
10. (d) Thailand
India and Thailand will conduct joint army exercise Maitree 2018 in the month of August 2018. It is scheduled to take place in Mueang, Chachoengsao Province, Thailand between the forces of Indian Army and Royal Thai Army.
President Ram Nath Kovind’s visit to Cyprus: Key Highlights
India records best-ever performance at Asian Games 2018: In Detail
Indus Waters Treaty: India, Pakistan agree to undertake Treaty mandated tours on both sides
Vodafone-Idea merger completed; creating India’s largest telecom service provider