6 July 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as new ECI app, Language Census 2011 and EU's controversial copyright law among others.
1. Which is the most spoken Indian language as per the Language Census 2011?
2. Who has rejected EU's controversial copyright law?
a) European Parliament
b) United Nations
c) European Union
d) UK Parliament
3. Which space agency conducted successful flight testing of its Crew Escape System on July 5?
4. Which Indian state has ordered a mandatory dope test for all the government employees?
a) Uttar Pradesh
5. Which app was launched by the Election Commission of India (ECI) for people to report model code violations?
b) Khan Prahari
6. According to a study led by the UK National Oceanographic Centre, flooding from rising sea levels could potentially cost $14 trillion worldwide by which year?
7. Which country’s law commission has recommended legalisation of sports betting?
c) South Africa
8. Who is the Master of Roster, as per the recent ruling of the Supreme Court?
a) Chief Justice of India
b) Prime Minister
c) Finance Minister
9. Which State recently announced to ban plastic from July 15, 2018?
b) Uttar Pradesh
10. Which language saw the fall in number of its speakers as per 2011 Census?
11. India’s first Global Mobility Summit will be organised by NITI Aayog in which city?
b) New Delhi
12. Which state’s Chief Minster has approved the much-debated doorstep monthly ration delivery system?
b) Madhya Pradesh
Answers with Explanation
1. (c) Hindi
As per the 2011 Census data, there is a rise in number of Hindi speakers, however, speakers of South Indian languages and Urdu dropped down. 43.63 percent of Indians speak Hindi as their mother tongue.
2. (a) European Parliament
European Parliament lawmakers have rejected a highly controversial European Union copyright law proposal that has proposed by Beatles legend Paul McCartney against the creators of Wikipedia. The draft law proposed to put more responsibility on websites to check for copyright infringements and forced platforms to pay for linking to news.
3. (b) ISRO
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) on July 5, 2018 conducted successful flight testing of Crew Escape System. The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) on July 5, 2018 conducted successful flight testing of Crew Escape System.
4. (c) Punjab
The Punjab Chief Minister, Amarinder Singh has ordered a mandatory dope test for all government employees, including police personnel, from the time of their recruitment through every stage of their service. The drug screening will be mandatory in cases of promotions and it will also be a part of the annual medical examinations.
5. (a) cVigil
The Election Commission of India (ECI) launched user-friendly android app “cVigil” for citizens to report any violation of Model Code of Conduct (MCC) during elections. The unique Internet-based beta version of the application ‘cVIGIL’ stands for “citizens’ vigil”. The app will be active only in States where elections have been announced.
6. (b) 2100
Flooding from rising sea levels could cost $14 trillion worldwide annually by 2100, if the target of holding global temperatures below 2ºC above pre-industrial levels is not achieved, as per a study led by the UK National Oceanographic Centre.
7. (a) India
The Law Commission of India, in its 276th report, has recommended legalisation of regulated betting and gambling activities, asserting that a complete ban has not been returning the desired results.
8. (a) Chief Justice of India
The Supreme Court on July 5, 2018 ruled that the Chief Justice of India is the ‘Master of Roster’ who has the authority to decide on allocation of cases.
9. (b) Uttar Pardesh
Like Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh will soon ban the use of plastic in the state from July 15. This was revealed by UP chief minister Yogi Adityanath.
10. (d) Urdu
As per the 2011 Census data, there is a rise in number of Hindi speakers, however, speakers of South Indian languages and Urdu dropped down. Urdu and Konkani saw fall in absolute numbers. There are 50772631 Urdu speakers in India, a fall of about 1.5 percent since 2001.
11. (b) New Delhi
India’s first ‘MOVE: Global Mobility Summit’ will be organised by NITI Aayog in New Delhi on September 7-8, 2018. The six themes for the summit are: Asset Utilization and Service, Comprehensive Electrification, Alternative Energy, Reinventing Public Transit, Logistics and Goods Transport, and Data Analytics and Mobility.
12. (c) Delhi
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on July 6, 2018 approved the much debated doorstep ration delivery system and directed the Food Department to implement it immediately. The chief minister has also instructed the department to keep him informed about the daily progress of the scheme.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week
Parliament passes Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Second Amendment) Bill, 2018
Assam-NRC Draft can’t be basis of any action by any authority: SC
Government to soon introduce bill proposing death penalty for mob lynching
Ministry of Shipping issues new guidelines for improving treasury investment for Major Ports