6 June 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Geo Intelligence Asia event, theme of World Environment Day 2018 and Indecent Representation of Women Act among others.
1. Which state government has launched a new crop insurance scheme with effect from Kharif season this year?
a) Madhya Pradesh
2. Which state government has announced financial aid worth Rs 1000 per quintal to tur farmers?
c) Madhya Pradesh
3. Which country hosted the 11th edition of Geo Intelligence Asia?
4. Which Indian state has set the target of July 31 to prohibit the use of polythene?
b) Tamil Nadu
5. Who is the only Indian sportsperson to be featured in the list of world’s highest paid athletes compiled by Forbes?
a) Abhinav Bindra
b) PV Sindhu
c) Virat Kohli
d) Mahendra Singh Dhoni
6. The World Bank has agreed to provide assistance in which scheme that is worth Rs 6000 crore?
a) Antyodaya Anna Yojana
b) Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
c) Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan
d) Atal Bhujal Yojana
7. What was the theme of the World Environment Day 2018?
a) Beat Plastic Pollution
b) Connecting People to Nature
c) Zero tolerance for the illegal trade in wildlife
d) Seven Billion Dreams, One Planet
8. Which country was the global host nation for the 2018 World Environment Day?
c) South Korea
9. Which Indian beach became the Asia’s first beach to get the Blue Flag certification?
a) Auroville beach
b) Chandrabhaga beach
c) Palolem beach
d) Varkala Beach
10. The Centre proposed amendments to widen the scope of the Indecent Representation of Women Act to include digital and internet-based communication services. The Act was brought into force in which year?
11. A Heli-Taxi service was launched between Shimla and which city by Pawan Hans recently?
12. Which ministry will set up a finance company to fund food processing sector?
a) Ministry of Food Processing
b) Ministry of Commerce
c) Ministry of Finance
d) Ministry of Home Affairs
Answers with Explanation
1. (c) Bihar
The Bihar government has launched a new crop insurance scheme with effect from Kharif (monsoon) this year. The Bihar State Crop Assistance Scheme replaces the existing system of crop insurance. Under the scheme, farmers would be paid a compensation of seven thousand five hundred rupees per hectare if less than 20 percent of the standing crop is damaged and ten thousand in case damage is more than 20 percent. Farmers do not have to pay any premium as per the scheme.
2. (d) Maharashtra
The Maharashtra state government would provide financial grant of 1,000 rupees per quintal to those farmers whose tur and gram could not be purchased by the administration before the May 31 deadline. The state government had set up tur procurement target of 44.6 lakh quintals. The government had started purchasing tur from farmers by offering them guaranteed rates following bumper tur production.
3. (a) India
The eleventh edition of Geo-Intelligence Asia 2018 was held at Manekshaw Centre in New Delhi, India on June 4-5, 2018. The event aimed to provide a platform to showcase the innovative applications of the Geospatial technologies.
4. (d) Uttarakhand
The Uttarakhand Government has decided to completely prohibit the use of polythene or plastic from July 31, 2018. All the polythene vendors in Uttarakhand have been asked to finish the polythene stock before the set deadline.
5. (c) Mahendra Singh Dhoni
Indian cricket captain Virat Kohli is among the world's highest-paid athletes, according to a list compiled by Forbes. Kohli, the only sportsperson from India to be featured in the list, is ranked 83rd with earnings of USD 24 million. The list was topped by 41-year-old American boxing champion Floyd Mayweather, with USD 285 million earnings.
6. (d) Atal Bhujal Yojana
The World Bank has approved Atal Bhujal Yojana (ABHY), a Rs 6000 crore worth central sector scheme of the Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation. The scheme aims to improve ground water management in priority areas in the country through community participation.
7. (a) Beat Plastic Pollution
The theme of the World Environment Day 2018 was ‘Beat Plastic Pollution’. The theme ‘Beat Plastic Pollution’ is a call to action to reduce the heavy burden of plastic pollution on natural places and wildlife. 'Beat Plastic Pollution' urges governments, industry, communities, and individuals to reduce the production and excessive use of single-use plastic polluting the oceans, damaging marine life and threatening human health.
8. (a) India
India was the global host nation for the 2018 World Environment Day which was celebrated on June 5, 2018. Environment Ministers, representatives from United Nations and members from various industry bodies were among the various dignitaries who attended the event.
9. (b) Chandrabhaga beach
The Chandrabhaga beach on the Konark coast of Odisha became the Asia’s first beach to get the Blue Flag certification — the tag given to environment-friendly and clean beaches, equipped with amenities of international standards for tourists.
10. (c) 1986
The Ministry of Women and Child Development on June 4, 2018 proposed amendments to the Indecent Representation of Women (Prohibition) Act (IRWA), 1986 with an aim to ban obscene and indecent depiction of women on internet.
11. (d) Chandigarh
Himachal Pradesh CM Jairam Thakur flagged off a helicopter taxi service that will reduce the travel time between Shimla and Chandigarh to 20 minutes. The service is operated by Pawan Hans and can accommodate 19 persons.
12. (a) Ministry of Food Processing
Food Processing Ministry will soon create the Agro-Processing Financial Institution which will exclusively fund food processing projects. The Agro-Processing Financial Institution will be a non-banking financial institution.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.