7 June 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Maternal Mortality Ratio, Nipah Virus outbreak and 73rd United Nations General Assembly among others.
1. Maternal Mortality Ratio has reduced by 22 per cent in which nation?
2. Which Indian public authority has launched its online RTI Portal?
a) National Green Tribunal
b) Indian Council of Agricultural Research
c) Airports Authority of India
d) Election Commission of India
3. Who has signed a pact with Myanmar for the return of the Rohingya Community?
4. President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated a 73 km long National Highway in which state?
d) Arunachal Pradesh
5. The Union Cabinet has approved funding for the Continuation Programme for which satellite launch vehicle?
b) GSLV Mk-III
c) PUSL -I
d) RSRV -III
6. Which country has banned frozen and processed imports from Kerala following Nipah Virus outbreak?
b) Saudi Arabia
7. Maria Fernanda Espinosa was elected as President of the 73rd United Nations General Assembly (UNGA). She belongs to which country?
8. Which country hosted the 2018 IBSA Foreign Ministers’ Meeting?
b) South Africa
9. Which country hosted the 2018 Asia-Pacific Regional Conference on Early Childhood Development?
10. The Supreme Court recently allowed Union government to implement the reservation in promotion policy for SC/ST employees under which article of the Constitution?
a) Article 19
b) Article 18
c) Article 17
d) Article 16
11. India is at which position as a generator of e-waste in the world, according to ASSOCHAM study?
12. Who was appointed as the new Prime Minister of Jordan?
a) Hani Mulki
b) Omar Razzaz
c) Abdullah Ryez
d) Faisal Al-Fayez
1. (a) India
India recorded 22 per cent reduction in Maternal Mortality Ratio (MMR) since 2013, as per the Sample Registration System (SRS) bulletin that was released by the Office of the Registrar General of India on June 6, 2018.
2. (d) Election Commission of India
The Election Commission of India has launched an online RTI Portal to help applicants seeking information under the Right to Information Act. The portal will facilitate an online reply to applications and also for making the first appeal.
3. (c) UN
Myanmar and UN agencies signed an agreement on June 6, 2018 that could lead to the return of some of the 700,000 Rohingyas who fled brutal persecution by the country's security forces and are now crowded into makeshift camps in Bangladesh.
4. (c) Sikkim
President Ram Nath Kovind on June 7, 2018 inaugurated a 73 km long National Highway from Matabari (Udaipur) to Sabroom along the Gomati and South Tripura districts. Speaking on the occasion, the President stated that infrastructure plays a very important role in the development of any state.
5. (b) GSLV Mk-III
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved funding for the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle Mark-III continuation programme (Phase-I) consisting of ten GSLV Mk-III flights, at a total estimated cost of Rs 4338.20 crores.
6. (b) Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia has banned frozen and processed fruit and vegetable imports from Kerala amid concerns over the deadly Nipah virus outbreak. As of date, of the 18 positive cases, 16 have died and the remaining two are recovering well at a Kozhikode hospital while the around 2,000 people, who have reported to have come in contact with the affected, are being monitored.
7. (a) Ecuador
Ecuadorean foreign minister Maria Fernanda Espinosa was elected as President of the 73rd United Nations General Assembly (UNGA). Espinosa will become the fourth woman ever to hold the UNGA presidency and the first since 2006.
8. (b) South Africa
The IBSA Foreign Ministers’ Meeting was held in Pretoria, South Africa on June 4, 2018. The External Affairs Minister of the Republic of India, Sushma Swaraj chaired the IBSA (India, Brazil, South Africa) ministerial meet and held talks on how to deepen coordination among the three countries on major global issues.
9. (c) Nepal
The Asia-Pacific Regional Conference on Early Childhood Development (ECD) and Third Asia- Pacific Regional Policy Forum on Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) have started in Kathmandu, Nepal on June 5, 2018.
10. (d) Article 16
The Supreme Court has allowed the Union government to implement the reservation in promotion policy for SC/ST employees in accordance with the law but did not stay a Delhi High Court judgment that had quashed an August 1997 office memorandum issued by the Centre providing for reservation in promotions for Dalit and tribal employees.
11. (d) 5th
India is among the top five e-waste generating countries in the world besides China, the US, Japan and Germany, according to a report released by Assocham and NEC.
12. (b) Omar Razzaz
Omar Razzaz, a Harvard-educated former senior World Bank official, was appointed as the new Prime Minister of Jordan by King Abdullah II. He succeeded Hani Mulki, who recently resigned as a result of widespread protests against his government’s austerity program.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.