Top Current Affairs Quiz: 8 August 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Vir Chakra, August Kranti Diwas and Mukhya Mantri Be-sahara Gau-Vansh Sahbhagita Yojana among others.
8 August 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Vir Chakra, August Kranti Diwas and Mukhya Mantri Be-sahara Gau-Vansh Sahbhagita Yojana among others.
1. Who will be awarded with Vir Chakra in 2019?
a) Wing Commander Abhinandan Vardhman
b) Captain Saurabh Verma
c) Wing Commander JS Verma
d) Captain Suresh Tiwari
2. Which state government has approved the “Mukhya Mantri Be-sahara Gau-Vansh Sahbhagita Yojana”?
a) Uttar Pradesh
c) Madhya Pradesh
3. Saudi Arabia has de-recognized which nation’s PG medical programmes?
4. Pakistan has permanently stopped which train’s services to India?
a) Shimla express
b) Kartarpur express
c) Samjhauta express
d) Attari express
5. Which Indian freedom struggle movement completed 77 years on August 8, 2019?
a) Civil Disobedience
b) Quit India
c) Non Cooperation
d) Paika Rebellion
6. Which state has extended its existing MoU with Netherlands for cooperation in several fields by another five years?
a) Himachal Pradesh
b) Arunachal Pradesh
c) Uttar Pradesh
7. The US has approved the sale of 12 multi-mission Seahawk helicopters to which among the following countries?
d) South Korea
8. The United States has formalized ban on government contracts to which Chinese company?
9. Footballer Gabriel Jesus recently received a two-month international ban. He plays for which country?
10. Which among the following countries recently allowed women to travel abroad without approval from a male guardian?
b) Saudi Arabia
1. (a) Wing Commander Abhinadan Vardhman
Abhinandan Varthaman, Indian Air Force pilot, is likely to be awarded a Vir Chakra for his gallantry. Five Mirage-2000 fighter jet pilots who dropped bombs on the terror facility of the Jaish-e-Mohammed will also get the Vayu Sena Medal for gallantry.
2. (a) Uttar Pradesh
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has approved the "Mukhya Mantri Be-sahara Gau-Vansh Sahbhagita Yojana". Scheme has been launched for the welfare of stray cattle that will also help generate employment opportunities.
3. (a) Pakistan
Saudi Arabia has de-recognized Pakistani PG medical degree programmes such as MS/MD degrees. The gulf nation has asked doctors with Pakistani MS/MD degrees to be ready to leave or be deported. Qatar, UAE and Bahrain have also followed suit.
4. (c) Samjhauta express
Pakistan has permanently cancelled the Samjhauta Express train services that linked India and Pakistan. The announcement follows the decision of the Indian government to scrap Article 35 A and Article 370 thus, revoking the special status of Jammu & Kashmir and bifurcating the state into two Union Territories- Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh.
5. (b) Quit India
The 77th anniversary of Quit India movement, also known as August Kranti Diwas, was observed on August 8, 2019. The Quit India movement began with Mahatma Gandhi’s clarion call of “Do or Die” to end the British rule in India.
6. (c) Uttar Pradesh
The Uttar Pradesh government and Netherlands have extended their existing bilateral agreement of cooperation in several fields by another five years till 2024. The MoU was signed in the presence of UP CM Yogi Adityanath and the Netherlands ambassador to India, Marten van den Berg.
7. (d) South Korea
The United States has approved the sale of 12 multi-mission Seahawk helicopters to South Korea. The helicopters are worth 800 million USD. The helicopters bolster anti-surface and anti-submarine missions and can handle secondary missions such as search and rescue and replenishment and communications relay.
8. (d) Huawei
The United States introduced rules formally banning Chinese technology giant Huawei and other Chinese firms from government contracts on August 7. The move is a part of the escalating trade war between the two countries.
9. (c) Brazil
According to the statement released by South American Football Confederation (CONMEBOL), Brazil striker Gabriel Jesus has been banned from international football for two months for improper conduct in last month's Copa America final.
10. (b) Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia issued new laws on Friday that will allow Saudi women to travel abroad without approval from a male guardian. The new rule allows women to obtain passports and travel freely, ending an age-old restriction.