Top Current Affairs Quiz: 9 August 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Bharat Ratna, 66th National Film Awards 2019 and AAI suspension among others.
9 August 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Bharat Ratna, 66th National Film Awards 2019 and AAI suspension among others.
1. Who among the following was conferred the Bharat Ratna honour?
a) Ram Nath Kovind
b) Pranab Mukherjee
c) Arun Jaitely
d) Meira Kumar
2. World Archery suspended the Archery Association of which among the following countries?
3. Who among the following cricketers announced his retirement from all forms of International cricket on August 8, 2019?
a) Dale Steyn
b) Imran Tahir
c) Hashim Amla
d) Quinton de Kock
4. Which film won Best Hindi Film award in the 66th National Film Awards?
a) Badhaai Ho
5. Who won the Best Director award at the 66th National Film Awards?
a) Sriram Raghavan
b) Aditya Dhar
c) Amit Sharma
d) Sanjay Leela Bhansali
6. Which film won the Best Popular Film award in 66th National Film Awards?
d) Badhaai Ho
7. Which Ministry launched the Samagra Shiksha-Jal Suraksha drive recently?
a) Ministry of Human Resource Development
b) Ministry of Jal Shakti
c) Ministry of Home Affairs
d) Ministry of Defence
8. Which state topped the Breastfeeding, Infant & Young Child Feeding Practices in India?
9. Which Minister launched the electronic version of Rozgar Samachar?
a) Suresh Prabhu
b) Prakash Javadekar
c) Ram Nath Kovind
d) Dharmendra Pradhan
10. India recently signed which international convention on mediation?
1. (b) Pranab Mukherjee
President Ram Nath Kovind conferred the Bharat Ratna to former President Pranab Mukherjee and posthumously to Assamese singer Bhupen Hazarika and Bharatiya Jana Sangh leader Nanaji Deshmukh.
2. (a) India
The Archery Association of India has been suspended by World Archery for defying its guidelines by appointing two parallel bodies. Indian archers will have to compete in World Archery events as independents under the World Archery flag till the suspension on AAI is lifted.
3. (c) Hashim Amla
Hashim Amla announced his retirement from all formats of international cricket on August 8, 2019. The South African cricketer has hit 55 centuries in 349 matches across all cricketing formats in his 15-year continued career. Amla said that he will continue to play domestic cricket.
4. (c) Andhadhun
Andhadhun won the national film award for Best Hindi Film and Padman won the Best Film on Social Issues award.
5. (b) Aditya Dhar
Uri Director Aditya Dhar won the Best Director award and Ayushmann Khurrana and Vicky Kaushal shared the Best Actor national film award.
6. (d) Badhaai Ho
The 66th National Film awards were announced on August 9, 2019 by Rahul Rawail, the Head of the Jury for feature films. Hindi movie ‘Badhaai Ho’ won the Best Popular Film’ award.
7. (a) Ministry of Human Resource Development
The Union Ministry of Human Resource Development launched the Samagra Shiksha-Jal Suraksha drive recently. The aim behind the drive is to create awareness about Water Conservation among the school students.
8. (c) Manipur
Manipur topped the Breastfeeding and Infant and Young Child Feeding Practices ranking in India. The report on Breastfeeding was released by the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
9. (b) Prakash Javadekar
Union Minister of Information & Broadcasting, Prakash Javadekar launched the e-version of Rozgar Samachar recently with an aim to spread awareness of job opportunities in public sector enterprises, banks and other government sectors.
10. (a) UNISA
India's High Commissioner to Singapore Jawed Ashraf signed the United Nations Convention on International Settlement Agreements (UNISA). The convention is also called “Singapore Convention on Mediation”.