Ulises Estrada, the Cuban revolutionary, who during 1960s aided Ernesto Che Guevara during his campaign in Africa, died on 26 January 2014. He died at the age of 79 years.
About Ulises Estrada
• He held important posts in the Cuban Interior Ministry and performed sensitive missions in the 1960s related to guerrilla movements of Latin America
• He was the lover of Nee Tamara Bunke, also known as Tania, who was the an Argentine-born East German communist revolutionary and died in 1967 in Bolivia while fighting alongside Guevara. She was the only woman to fight alongside Marxist guerrillas under Che Guevara during the Bolivian Insurgency (1966–1967)
• He was a close aid of Che Guevara, the Cuban revolution leader who died in 1967 in Bolivia after leaving the island in 1960s to inspire revolutions in Latin America and Africa
• He collaborated with Guevara for the international cause of Congo and the national liberation struggle in Guinea Bissau
• HE was named at the number two position in 1975 in the Communist Party’s America Department, where he managed relations with the guerilla movements of leftists in the region
• He has served as the ambassador of Cuba to Yemen, Mauritania, Algeria and Jamaica