Union Finance Minister, Arun Jaitley on 10 July 2014 presented Union Budget 2014-15. the Union Budget introduced new scheme Van Bandhu Kalyan Yojna for tribals, National level institutes for Universal Inclusive Design, Mental Health Rehabilitation and a Centre for Disability Sports to be established.
Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe
• An amount of 50548 crore rupees is proposed under the SC Plan and 32387 crore rupees under TSP.
• For the welfare of the tribals Van Bandhu Kalyan Yojna launched with an initial allocation of 100 crore.
Senior Citizen & Differently Abled Persons
• Varishtha Pension Bima Yojana (VPBY) to be revived for a limited period from 15 August 2014 to 14 August 2015 for the benefit of citizens aged 60 years and above.
• A committee will to examine and recommend how unclaimed amounts with PPF, Post Office, saving schemes etc. can be used to protect and further financial interests of the senior citizens?
• Government notified a minimum pension of 1000 per rupees month to all subscriber members of EP Scheme. Initial provision of 250 crore rupees.
• Increase in mandatory wage ceiling of subscription to 15000 rupees. A provision of 250 crore rupees in the current budget.
• EPFO to launch the Uniform Account Number Service for contributing members.
• Scheme for Assistance to Disabled Persons for purchase/fitting of Aids and Appliances (ADIP) extended to include contemporary aids and assistive devices.
• National level institutes for Universal Inclusive Design, Mental Health Rehabilitation and a Centre for Disability Sports to be established.
• Assistance to State Governments to establish fifteen new Braille Presses and modernize ten existing Braille Presses.
• Government to print currency notes with Braille like signs for visibly challenged persons.
When: 10 July 2014