The Budget 2017 has identified Public Service Sector as one of the key drivers of the economy. Accordingly, Arun Jailtley announced following initiatives for the Public Service sector.
• Strong beginning seen through Direct Benefit Transfer scheme in LPG.
• 8 districts of Haryana have become kerosene free.
• Citizens in far-flung regions find it hard to obtain passports, therefore, head post offices will now be used as front offices for this.
• A Centralised Defence Travel System will be developed where tickets can be booked by soldiers and officers easily without any hassle.
• For Public Service people, it will now become easy to get recruitment in central government. A 2-tier system of examination will be provided for them.
• Introduction of a legislative changes will be there for all the economic offenders who are fleeing the country by confiscating their properties.
• Web based pension distribution system for defense pensioners.
• Union Government will commemorate Champaran Satyagraha centenary in the year 2017.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.