Union Budget 2017: Public Service Sector
In the independent India, this will be the 87th budget and the third of the Modi Sarkar.
The Budget 2017 has identified Public Service Sector as one of the key drivers of the economy. Accordingly, Arun Jailtley announced following initiatives for the Public Service sector.
• Strong beginning seen through Direct Benefit Transfer scheme in LPG.
• 8 districts of Haryana have become kerosene free.
• Citizens in far-flung regions find it hard to obtain passports, therefore, head post offices will now be used as front offices for this.
• A Centralised Defence Travel System will be developed where tickets can be booked by soldiers and officers easily without any hassle.
• For Public Service people, it will now become easy to get recruitment in central government. A 2-tier system of examination will be provided for them.
• Introduction of a legislative changes will be there for all the economic offenders who are fleeing the country by confiscating their properties.
• Web based pension distribution system for defense pensioners.
• Union Government will commemorate Champaran Satyagraha centenary in the year 2017.