1 February 2018: We have prepared the Questions based on the Union Budget 2018 which will help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the Budget 2018 Quiz at ease. It is prepared in such a way so that it helps you to prepare the Budget 2018 facts and figues in quick time.
1. The Union government in its budget 2018 has proposed to launch a restructured mission with an outlay of Rs 1290 crore to promote which sector?
c) Traditional Craft
d) Rural Development
2. Which among the following state governments does not qualify for the special scheme that the government is going to introduce to tackle air pollution?
a) Uttar Pradesh
3. How much fund has the Union Government allocated for its new ‘Operation Green’ mission ?
a) 1000 crore
b) 680 crore
c) 500 crore
d) 1300 crore
4. The Union government has proposed to extend the reach of Ujjwala Yojana to how many poor women in 2018-19?
a) 4 crore
b) 10 crore
c) 8 crore
d) 6 crore
5. The Indian Railways is planning to re-develop how many major railway stations in 2018?
6. The government would be setting up an institute to train manpower for high-speed railway project in which city?
7. What is the salary of President as per Union Budget 2018?
a) Rs 5 lakh
b) Rs 4 lakh
c) Rs 3 lakh
d) Rs 2 lakh
8. As per Union Budget 2018, the Customs duty on mobile phones and parts of televisions will be increased to what per cent?
a) 20 per cent
b) 25 per cent
c) 30 per cent
d) 35 per cent
9. What was the total fiscal expenditure of the Union Government in 2017-18 as per Union Budget 2018?
a) Rs 21.47 lakh crore
b) Rs 21.57 lakh crore
c) Rs 21.67 lakh crore
d) Rs 21.77 lakh crore
10. As per Union Budget 2018, senior citizens will now be able to claim benefit of deduction of what amount in case of critical illnesses?
a) Rs 50000
b) Rs 75000
c) Rs 100000
d) Rs 125000
11. Which scheme will be launched this year as per Budget 2018 to improve the Health Sector of the country?
a) Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana
b) National Health Policy 2018
c) Swasth Bharat
d) National Health Protection Scheme
12. As per Budget 2018, which three firms will be merged and then listed?
a) UTI, Oriental Insurance and National Insurance
b) LIC, Bharti AXA and United Insurance
c) General Insurance, Max Bupa and UTI
d) None of the above
1. (b) Bamboo
The Union Government in its Budget 2018 has proposed to launch a restructured bamboo mission with a fund of Rs 1290 crore to promote bamboo sector in a holistic manner.
2. (a) Uttar Pradesh
The Government is going to introduce a special scheme to support the state governments of Haryana, Punjab and Delhi to address air pollution and to subsidise machinery required for in-situ management of crop residue.
3. (c) Rs 500 crore
The Union government plans to launch ‘Operation Green’ with a corpus of Rs 500 crore. It will promote Farmer Producers Organizations (FPOs), agri-logistics, processing facilities and professional management.
4. (c) 8 crore
The Lower and Middle Class have been the focus of the NDA Government during the last three years. The government had launched Ujjwala Yojana earlier to make poor women free from the smoke of wood. Though initially, their target was to provide free LPG connections to about 5 crore poor women, the government has now proposed to increase the target to 8 crore poor women.
5. (d) 600
The Indian Railways is planning to re- develop 600 major railway stations. All stations with more than 25000 footfall will have escalators. All the stations will also be equipped with high-speed wifi.
6. (d) Vadodara
The Union government had previously laid the foundation of the high-speed bullet Mumbai-Ahmedabad train. An institute would be set up in Vadodara in Gujarat to train the manpower for the high-speed railway project.
7. (a) Rs 5 lakh
Emoluments will revised for the President to Rs 5 lakh, Rs 4 lakh for Vice-President and Rs 3.5 lakh per month for Governors. Emoluments to MPs will be refixed with effect from April 1, 2018.
8. (a) 20 per cent
The Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on 1 February 2018 presented the Union Budget 2018 in the parliament. As per the Budget, Customs duty on mobile phones and parts of televisions will be increased to 20 per cent from 15 per cent. Customs duty on raw cashew will be reduced from 5 per cent to 2.5 per cent.
9. (b) Rs 21.57 lakh crore
The Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on 1 February 2018 presented the Union Budget 2018 in the parliament. In the independent India, this is the 88th budget and the fifth of the Modi Government. The total expenditure of the Union government is Rs 21.57 lakh crore.
10. (c) Rs 100000
This year budget proposes a standard deduction of Rs 40000 for transport and medical reimbursements. All senior citizens will now be able to claim benefit of a deduction of Rs 50000 for any medical expenditure and can claim deduction of Rs 100000 for critical illnesses.
11. (d) National Health Protection Scheme
National Health Protection Scheme will be launched to cover 10 crore poor and vulnerable families. Under this, up to Rs 5 lakh will be provided to each family per year in secondary and tertiary care institutions. This scheme will have 50 crore beneficiaries.
12. (a) UTI, Oriental Insurance and National Insurance
As per Union Budget 2018, the Union government will recapitalise public sector banks to help them lend an additional Rs 5 lakh crore. Unit Trust of India, Oriental Insurance and National Insurance will be merged and then listed.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.