The Union Cabinet on 1 June 2016 gave its ex-post facto approval to the signing of Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Directorate General of Civil Aviation of India (DGCA) and the French Civil Aviation Authority.
The MoU was signed to implement Technical Cooperation Programme for promotion and implementation of Standards and Recommended Practices of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).
Highlights of the MoU
• The Technical Cooperation programme will be beneficial for enhancement of skills and expertise of DGCA’s officers.
• This MoU is also beneficial for implementation of the cooperation between the two parties for imparting training of engineers, technicians, managers etc.
• It will also include any other subject that is relevant to the common DGAC and DGCA areas of interest.
• The specific activities to be performed by DGCA of India and French Civil Aviation Authority under this MOU will be carried out by mutual consent.
• The MoU would be for a term of four years.
Actions agreed upon by both sides for implementation of MoU
• By exchanging information concerning the various techniques used to reach the objectives;
• By sending French experts or instructors to India for training missions; and
• By receiving experts, or instructors of India, in France for training missions.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 1 June 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.