Union Government announced 10 New/Revised Schemes for Disabled Persons under the National Trust
The government also number of categories of disability from 7 to 19 and launched a new website for the National Trust http://thenationaltrust.gov.in/content/
Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Thaawar Chand Gehlot on 24 November 2015 announced the launching of 10 new/revised schemes for the disabled persons in New Delhi.
These schemes were launched under the National Trust for the welfare of persons with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Mental Retardation and Multiple Disabilities.
List of Schemes
• DISHA: Early Intervention and School Readiness Scheme
• VIKAAS: Day Care Scheme
• SAMARTH: Respite Care Scheme
• GHARAUNDA: Group Home for Adults Scheme
• NIRAMAYA: Health Insurance Scheme
• SAHYOGI: Caregiver training scheme
• GYAN PRABHA: Educational support Scheme
• PRERNA: Marketing Assistance Scheme
• SAMBHAV: Aids and Assisted Devices Scheme
• BADHTE KADAM: Awareness and Community Interaction Scheme
Besides, he also announced to increase the number of categories of disability from 7 to 19, so that more number of disabled could be brought into the ambit of Government’s new initiatives.
Further, a new website http://thenationaltrust.gov.in/content/ for the National Trust was launched. This new website is made disabled friendly, more interactive. Registration of NGOs and paying donations can be done in the website itself.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App