Union Ministry of Urban Development on 5 February 2016 approved projects worth over 12 crore rupees for improving tourist infrastructure in heritage places of Amaravati in Andhra Pradesh and Warangal in Telangana.
Amaravati and Warangal are among the 12 cities included in the Heritage Development and Augmentation Yojana (HRIDAY) for improving the social, cultural and economic ecosystems.
It can be augmented by necessary infrastructure with the objective of conserving the rich cultural heritage and enabling better facilities for tourists and pilgrims.
An inter-Ministerial HRIDAY National Empowered Committee approved development of a Heritage Park in Amaravati and developmental works at 1000 Pillar Temple and Kazipet Durgah and rejuvenation of pond at Padmakshi Temple in Warangal city.
Heritage Park in Amaravati for Andhra Pradesh
• It will be developed over an area of 3.50 acres opposite Dhyan Buddha Statue at a total cost of 7.36 crore rupees
• This Park will have an Exhibition Complex with
- Four halls to be developed at a cost of 92 lakh rupees,
- Twenty two statues at a cost of 2 crore rupees
- More than 20 shops at a cost of over 1 crore rupees,
- Four food courts at a cost of 95 lakh rupees
- Parking area at a cost of 60 lakh rupees
- Pathways at a cost of 44 lakh rupees
- Landscaping will be done at a cost of 76 lakh rupees and other facilities to be provided include seating benches, pargolas etc.
• Exhibition Halls and shops will be used to promote to local art and handicrafts and other products.
Approved Development Programmes in Warangal, Telangana
An expenditure of 4.85 crore rupees has been approved for undertaking development works in Telangana. They divided into-
• Development of 1000 Pillar Temple at a cost of 94 lakh rupees.
• Development at Kazipet Durgah at a cost of 1.78 crore rupees and
• Rejuvenation of pond at Padmakshi Temple with an investment of 2.13 crore rupees.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Where: Andhra Pradesh and Telangana
When: 5 February 2016
Telangana Assembly Elections 2018: TRS wins sweeping majority for second straight term
Telangana’s Sadarmatt anicut, Pedda Cheruvu get Heritage Irrigation Structure status
Telangana Cabinet passes resolution to dissolve Legislative Assembly
Telangana launches life insurance scheme worth Rs 5 lakh for farmers