Union Government on 20 July 2015 launched National Career Counselling Portal to modernize all government-run employment exchanges. The portal was launched under the aegis of National Career Service (NCS) project of Union Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
The portal aims to bring on board around 20 million job seekers already registered with employment exchanges across India. It also aspires to bring 900000 establishments and companies on the portal.
NCS project aims at transforming all the government-run employment exchanges.
Highlights of the National Career Counselling portal
• The web portal will be a one-stop platform for both job providers and job seekers where registration can be done online.
• It will offer registration for job aspirants and employers for free. But to avoid misuse, job seekers will be required to link their Aadhar number when registering with the website.
• The companies and organizations will need to submit their society registrations or company registration certificate copies while getting empanelled on the job portal.
• It will provide basic platform for searching and applying for jobs on the portal.
• It will provide candidates career-related counselling either by its helpline numbers or visiting these centres.
• It will also help candidates on job posting, aptitude assessment, job matching, training providers, skill courses and guidance on self-employment and entrepreneurship.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 20 July 2015