Union Minister of State for Power and New & Renewable Energy RK Singh on February 9, 2018 launched a Web-Based Monitoring System and a fly ash mobile application named 'ASH TRACK'.
Both the platforms are expected to enable better management of the ash produced by thermal power plants by providing an interface between fly ash producers such as thermal power plants and potential ash users such as road contractors, cement plants, etc.
The proper management of fly ash is essential for the environment as the ash produced by the power plants occupies a lot of land space.
At present, 63 per cent of the fly ash is being utilised and the target is for 100 per cent utilisation of the fly ash. For this, there is a need for diverse approaches for the fly ash management and these portals will enable the same.
Highlights of the ASH TRACK Mobile App
• Users can download the Ash Track mobile app from Google Play Store for Android OS and from App Store for Apple IOS.
• The app shows its users coal based power plants situated within the radius of 100 km and 300 km from a given location.
• User need to select the power station from where he wants to take fly ash and subsequently, he will get the complete information about ash availability, distance from his location and details of contact person.
• Users can apply online for allocation of ash and SMSes will be sent to the applicant and the respective power plant instantly.
• In case of Power Stations, app shows perspective users within the radius of 100 km and 300 km of power plants and station can see the location of ash users like cement plants, NHAI, Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) projects, brick producers, etc.
• The app also gives plant wise, utility wise and state wise ash utilization status in the country. It also shows the details of real time ash generation and utilization.
• The app will be managing 200 million tonnes of fly ash by tracking coal based power plants situated within 100 km and 300 km from given location.
• The thermal plants will be required to update fly ash generation, utilization and stock on the web portal regularly on the app.
What do you mean by Fly ash?
Fly ash is the end product of combustion during the process of power generation in the coal based thermal power plants.
Presently, fly ash is being utilized in manufacturing of Portland Cement, bricks and tiles manufacturing, road embankment construction and low lying area development, etc.
SpaceX launches Falcon Heavy, the world's most powerful rocket carrying car into space
Who: Union Government
When: 9 February 2018