Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Thaawarchand Gehlot on 26 September 2017 launched the Beta version of mobile application ‘Divyang Sarathi’.
This accessible and comprehensive mobile application will ensure easy dissemination of information to Divyangjans so that they can understand all details pertaining to the schemes, scholarships, statutes, institutional support systems and other relevant information at the click of a button.
Highlights of the Divyang Sarathi mobile application
• It aims at providing all relevant information pertaining to the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD) including its various acts, rules, regulations and guidelines, schemes, information about the various outreach institutions, employment opportunities.
• The application was developed by the two Assistant Secretaries Anunaya Jha and B Susheela in the DEPwD.
• The mobile application ‘Divyang Sarathi’ is compliant with the principles of UNCRPD for Universal Access and the provisions of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016. The Act mandates that all information should be made available in an accessible form.
• It is also an integral part of the ICT component of the Accessible India Campaign launched by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 3 December 2015.
• The unique feature of this mobile application is its audio notes (text-to-voice conversion) embedded in the application which converts the written information into an audio file.
• It has been developed bilingually i.e. the information is available in Hindi as well as in English.
• It can be accessed by any Android smartphone user who may or may not have access to the internet and will be available for download on Google Playstore.
When: 26 September 2017