Union Minister to inaugurate first ‘Pension Adalat’
Union Minister Jitendra Singh would be inaugurating the first ‘Pension Adalat’ in Delhi. The Minister would also be awarding Pensioners for their outstanding contribution towards ‘Anubhav’ and launching a mobile app to help retired or retiring government officials to monitor the progress of their pension settlement and self-assess their pension through the pension calculator.
Jitendra Singh, the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Development of North-Eastern Region (DoNER), PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, would be inaugurating the first ‘Pension Adalat’ in Delhi on 20 September 2017.
The Minister would also be awarding the Pensioners for their outstanding contribution towards ‘Anubhav’ – a platform for retiring employees for sharing their experience of working with the Government.
The Minister would also be launching a mobile app that has been created to avail the services of the Pensioners’ Portal, marking a clear shift from e-governance to m-governance.
Besides this, a workshop on Pre-Retirement Counseling (PRC) of 300 retiring Central Government employees would also be held as a measure of welfare to the pensioners of Government of India.
Workshop- Key Facts
• The event will be organized by the Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Government of India.
• The main aim is to create awareness about the post-retirement entitlements as well as an advance planning for life after retirement.
• It will comprise four interactive sessions that will cover:
1. The road map to retirement
2. Medical facilities for pensioners
3. Re-engagement of retired people for voluntary social activities under ‘Sankalp’
4. Income Tax and other benefits for senior citizens along with investment and financial planning for retired people and the importance of writing a Will.
The first of a series of Pension Adalats will be launched during the programme on the 20th by the Pension Department.
The main objective behind the initiative is to bring on a common table the aggrieved pensioner, the concerned department, the bank or CGHS representative, wherever relevant to ensure that such cases are settled across the table within the framework of existing rules.
• The launch of the app would extend all the services meant for the pensioner, which are currently available on the Pensioners’ Portal of the department, to the mobile handset.
• The app would enable retiring Central Government officials to monitor the progress of their pension settlement and retired officials to self-assess their pension through the pension calculator.
• The app would also allow the retired government officials to register their grievances and get updates on orders issued by the Department.
The Anubhav Awards 2017
• The awards will be presented to 17 pensioners for their contribution towards creating institutional memory for the departments.
• The Anubhav scheme had been instituted on the call of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to encourage retiring/retired employees to submit their experiences while working in the government.
• The main objective behind getting the employees to submit their experiences was to create an institutional wealth for the government for future governance as well as to inspire the future generations of government officials in their respective assignments.