Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry launched DMIC at Lucknow

Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry launched the DMIC chapter of Uttar Pradesh at Lucknow

Created On: Mar 3, 2014 17:17 ISTModified On: Mar 3, 2014 17:24 IST

The Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry and Uttar Pradesh Government launched the Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC) in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh on 2 March 2014.

With the launch of DMIC in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh is poised to go through a transformation in terms of industrialisation and generation of employment.  This is because Uttar Pradesh is the meeting point of the Eastern and the Western Corridors.

The overall impact of the Western and Eastern Corridors and the new Industrial Cities being developed in the Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor project have the potential to create over 30 lakh jobs in UP and enhance the State’s Industrial Output by 24 lakh crores rupees.


DMIC in Uttar Pradesh

 Dadri-Noida-Ghaziabad Industrial City:
• The aim of this Investment Region of 217 kilometers,  is to develop an Infrastructure led integrated industrial city which is smart, sustainable, well connected  and having state of art support industrial and social infrastructure.
• This investment region is being developed on Transit Oriented Development principle.
• Industries in sectors viz. Food, Auto, Electrical & Electronics, IT/ITeS, Research & Development, Aerospace, Biotech and Hi tech are proposed in the investment region.


Integrated Industrial Township at Greater Noida
• The Integrated Industrial Township is planned with the key objective to create a knowledge based ecosystem integrated with industries leading to innovation and economic development.
• The project covers an area of 302 hecatre which will generate direct industrial employment for about 58000 workers.
• The project will strengthen the status of Greater Noida and Noida as a manufacturing destination.
Integrated Transport Hub at Boraki:
• The transport hub along the Delhi‐Howrah trunk rail corridor, with state‐of‐the art Multi‐modal Transit facility at Boraki Village is envisioned to be the nucleus of development for Dadri-Noida-Ghaziabad Investment Region, Greater Noida and its upcoming extensions.

Seemless connectivity between IGI Airport and Dadri-Noida Ghaziabad Investment Region
• The main objective is to provide fast and adequate rail-based commuter connectivity to New Delhi.


Multi Modal Logistics Hub Project at Dadri:
The Multi Modal Logistics Hub (MMLH) is an immediate need to the Industrial development within the Investment Region. The proposed MMLH is expected to handle 1.05 million TEUs.

About Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC)
• Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC) is a mega infra-structure project of 90 billion dollars with the financial & technical aids from Japan.
• It covers an overall length of 1483 kilometers between the political capital and the business capital of India, i.e. Delhi and Mumbai.
• A MOU for the development of DMIC was signed in December 2006 between India and Japan.
• The Multi-modal High Axle Load (25 tonnes) Dedicated Freight Corridor (DFC) between Delhi and Mumbai passes through six States . These are Uttar Pradesh, NCR of Delhi, Haryana, Rajasthan, Gujarat and Maharashtra, with end terminals at Dadri in the National Capital Region of Delhi and Jawaharlal Nehru Port near Mumbai.
• Rajasthan (39%) and Gujarat (38%) together constitute 77% of the total length of the alignment of freight corridor, followed by Haryana and Maharashtra 10% each and Uttar Pradesh and National Capital Region of Delhi 1.5 % of total length each.
• The Delhi - Mumbai leg of the Golden Quadrilateral National Highway also runs almost parallel to the Freight Corridor.
• Approximately 180 million people, 14 percent of the population, will be affected by the corridor’s development.
• This project incorporates Nine Mega Industrial zones of about 200-250 sq. km., high speed freight line, three ports, and six air ports; a six-lane intersection-free expressway connecting the country’s political and financial capitals and a 4000 MW power plant.
• A Corporate entity, Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor Development Corporation (DMICDC) has been set up especially envisaged to coordinate Project Development, Finance and Implementation.

Goals of DMIC Project
Developmental planning for DMIC aims to achieve certain end results with implementation that would ensure realization of envisaged vision for the project and lead to economic development. Accordingly the project goals for DMIC are:
• Double employment potential in 7 years
• Triple industrial output in 9 years
• Quadruple exports from the region in 8-9 years



Take Weekly Tests on app for exam prep and compete with others. Download Current Affairs and GK app

एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए ऐप पर वीकली टेस्ट लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा करें। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐप

Comment ()

Post Comment

1 + 4 =