Union Ministry of Minority Affairs launched Maulana Azad Sehat Scheme
Union Ministry of Minority Affairs launched a new initiative Maulana Azad Sehat Scheme for the welfare of minorities.
Union Ministry of Minority Affairs launched a new initiative Maulana Azad Sehat Scheme for the welfare of minorities on 4 March 2014.
Main features of the Scheme
• Under the scheme, Sehat Card will be issued to every student of the Institution financially aided by Maulana Azad Education Foundation (MAEF).
• Preventive Health Check-up Camps will be organized by the Institute twice in a year, through Government or Private Hospitals or Nursing Homes.
• All findings of the Preventive Health Checkups will be entered in the Sehat Card of the student by the Doctors.
• In exceptional and deserving cases for serious ailments the poor students belonging to notified minorities will be provided financial assistance for the treatment in government or recognized hospitals. Serious ailments of kidney, heart, liver cancer and brain or any life threatening diseases including Knee surgery and Spinal surgery will be covered.
• A Dispensary or Health Care Centre is to be set up in the educational institutions (School) to provide daily medical facilities to the students studying in the educational institutions funded or aided by MAEF.