The Union Minister of State for Petroleum & Natural Gas Dharmendra Pradhan on 16 January 2017 launched a month long petroleum awareness programme 'Saksham - 2017'.
On the occasion, the Ministry also distributed awards such as visit to Japan, laptops & cash prizes to National school winners of essay and painting competitions in order to encourage them for continuing their efforts and enhancing their knowledge on energy conservation.
Highlights of Saksham - 2017
• Saksham - 2017 is also named as Sanrakshan Kshamta Mahotsav.
• It is aimed at creating awareness amongst the masses towards judicious utilization and conservation of petroleum products along with efficient use of energy capable appliances and switching to cleaner fuels.
• The programme will be organized by PCRA (Petroleum Conservation Research Association) and other Oil & Gas PSUs under the aegis of Union Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
• During this one-month long programme, various workshops will be held for drivers of commercial vehicles, housewives and cooks on adopting simple fuel saving measures.
• It will also educate the public on various steps for fuel conservation through activities like Saksham Asian Cycling Championship, Quiz Show, Walkathons, concerts and other activities across the country.
• It will organise training program for LPG Delivery Boys for educating them about the usage of LPG, its safety and conservation tips. The delivery boys will disseminate the same information to the customers while delivering the cylinders.
• These delivery boys will get the benefit of a health check-up during such programs.
• It will create mass awareness on Petroleum Conservation through Kisan Call Centre.
• It will also publicise about the energy conservation through Mobile Van and will penetrate to the remote areas of every state specifically in the Rural and Agricultural Sector.
When: 16 January 2017
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.