The Uttar Pradesh government on 11 May 2016 gave its nod to develop nearly 200-km long bicycle highway from Agra to the lion safari in Etawah. The plan aims at encouraging eco-tourism in the vicinity of the Taj Mahal.
The highway was approved in a Cabinet meeting presided over by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.
Highlights of the proposed highway
• The highway will not run along the Agra-Etawah main road but will cover various historical and tourism centres.
• Starting from eastern gate of the Taj Mahal, it will cover areas such as Raja Bhoj ki Haveli, Bateshwarnath Temple, Mela Kothi Jarar, Naugava ka Quila and other rural areas to reach lion safari in Etawah.
Other Cabinet decisions include
• It approved the implementation of Prime Minister Crop Insurance Scheme (Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana) from the Kharif season 2016. Under the scheme, a farmer will have to pay a uniform premium of only 2 percent for all Kharif crops and 1.5% for all Rabi crops.
• It approved transfer policy for 2016-17 for employees. According to the new transfer policy, Group A and B will be transferred from a district on completion of six years and 10 years in a division on 31 March 2016. The group C employees will be transferred by departmental heads.
• The Cabinet approved the construction cost for an international cricket stadium in Saifai.
• It decided to construct a new ultra modern state-of-art model bus station at Kaiserbagh bus station in the state capital.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 11 May 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.